August 4, 2023
Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year!
Please be advised that parents/guardians are not allowed to enter the building in the mornings. Please wish your child a great day at the gate or front doors; only students will enter the building. Parents/guardians will not accompany students to their classrooms on the first day of school. If your child has supplies for the classroom and is not able to carry those supplies to the room, parents/guardians may drop off supplies at the front office to be delivered to classrooms. Please be sure to label all bags/boxes with your child's name and their teacher's name.
If you were not able to attend Meet the Teacher, please send information with your child on the first day about how they are going home. It is imperative that we hear from each parent/guardian regarding their child's plan for dismissal. You may also download the attached document, print it, fill it out, and send it with your child on the first day of school.
Plan Ahead for Arrival and Dismissal
Plan ahead for busy traffic conditions and possible delays! It takes everyone doing their part to make the day successful.
- The main (Battista Lane) parking lot is closed from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you park in this lot, please remain parked until the blue gates have been opened after buses leave.
- U-turns are illegal in active school zones.
- Do not park in red zones or in front of fire hydrants.
- Show courtesy. Do not block residential driveways or double park.
- Be prepared to park a distance from campus access points.
Morning Arrival Reminders
- Students are to enter through the front doors of the school. Please note that there will be no gates in use for student arrival in the morning. Students from the following classes will enter via the Pre-K playground gate: Ms. Bredensteiner, Ms. Penaflor, Ms. Razon, and Ms. Smallan.
- Families may choose to park in a legal parking spot and walk students to the front doors. Be reminded that families are not allowed past the front doors during morning arrival, including on the first day of school.
- Families may choose to use the Eldorado driveway as a "Drop and Go" lane. Please pull forward in the driveway and then stop to allow your child to exit on the passenger side of the vehicle. Students will then walk to the front door.
Afternoon Dismissal Reminders
- Students being picked up will be picked up from the gate on Mardon (K, 1, 2) or on Bermuda (3, 4, 5). Older students are to go to their youngest sibling's line for dismissal.
- NEW FOR 2023-2024: Stop and wait at the gate for your child to come to you. The campus is closed during afternoon dismissal and parents/guardians are not allowed to enter the gates during dismissal.
- Gates are locked by 3:20 p.m.
- Be prepared to park a distance from the gates.
- Click here to go to the full dismissal flyer.
Specials Rotation Days - Week of August 7th
8/7/2023 - Day A
8/8/2023 - Day B
8/9/2023 - Day C
8/10/2023 - Day D
8/11/2023 - Day E
Student First Day Information Folders
Please note, the Family Guidebook includes information about birthday treats. While we will be able to share birthday treats, please ONLY share treats that are individually-wrapped. Possible options include individually-wrapped store-bought snack treats or small bags of chips.
Class Dojo Information
Click here to go directly to the page for the CCSD Family Engagement Center at Hummel Elementary School (Silverado Ranch Blvd. & Placid St.) with resources available to CCSD families.
Click this button to go to the For Parents section of our school's website. Scroll down to School Newsletters to see links for previous newsletters.