fossil fuel advatages
by joanna mennie , april lind ,and terance barnes
- Simple combustion process can directly heat or generate electricity
- Easily distributed
- Depending on fuel, good availability
guaranteed to be useful
social, environmental,and economic impact
- But really, fossil fuels aren't all bad! They are the building blocks of our modern, industrial society. The luxuries and comforts that we enjoy (like plastics, heat and electricity) come primarily from the burning of fossil fuels. The use of these readily available resources have allowed for the development of modern technologies, international travel and have even helped to eliminate the need for slave labor through mechanical innovation.
- Fossil fuels power our lifestyles and drive the nation's economy. Oil, natural gas and coal provide lights, air conditioning and heat for homes; fuel for transportation; and energy that powers all types of production. The nation's economy and much of its infrastructure revolve around fossil fuels; consequently, these energy sources have important economic impacts.
- Approximately 90% of the world's electricity demand is generated from the use of fossil fuels.