CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
I shared with students this morning that because they have been working so hard I was going to give them Monday off. Grades K-3 were pretty impressed with this news. 4-6 not so much. :)
I do hope everyone gets an opportunity to rest and spend time with family over the long weekend. We will be back at it on Tuesday.
- 2016-2017 ISTEP Results are coming home with your student today. As a school, we performed very well again and will rank at the top in our district!
- Please be sure to turn in the form for the 'Grand' Reading Event if a grandparent or special guest will be joining your student next Friday, September 8th.
- Next Friday we will support Caps for a Cure, a nonprofit to support the battle of childhood cancer, by encouraging students to wear a hat to school next Friday, September 8th. Students can participate by bringing a DONATION. We are suggesting a donation of $1! We have a student who benefited from this nonprofit last year with the "Monkey in My Chair" program. Emmie, now in third grade, is doing extremely well! Students can turn in their dollar any time next week.
- BCSC is asking that you complete the 2017 Calendar - Community Survey or 2017 Encuesta de Calendario. A hard copy is coming home in backpacks today. You can choose either option to give your input on our school calendar.
- Mrs. Burbrink is handing out Spell Bowl applications to 4th-6th graders. I know there are many students who are excited about the team!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
6th Grade Buddies Helping Younger Classmates!
Save the Date- September 21st- CSA Lincoln 50th Anniversary Celebration
Husky Gram Winners
BCSF - Harlem Wizards Information
Are you ready to have some fun with the Harlem Wizards, WNBA's Tamika Catchings, Dr. Roberts and the BCSF "Stars" team made up of BCSC administrators, teachers and special guests, including Mr. Findley. The fun begins at Columbus North Memorial Gym, located at 1400 25th Street Sun - Nov 5, 2017 - 2:00pm - 4:00pm - Doors open at 1:00 pm. The evening promises to be a fun filled event that is great for kids and adults and guarantees to put a smile on your face! This event is hosted by The Bartholomew Consolidated School Foundation ( BCSF). At a Wizards’ game, fans will witness amazing basketball talent combined with hilarious comedy. It’s two hours of family time where parents, grandparents, and kids can all laugh together. When you’re in the stands, you’re more than a spectator; you’re part of the show with loads of audience participation. The experience can only be summed up in two words: Awe-Inspiring!
Get your tickets online today https://harlemwizards.thundertix.com/events/109317 or in person at the BCSC Administration Building or Viewpoint Books - 548 Washington St., Columbus.
Thank you to Heritage Automotive Sales in Columbus and Hotel Indigo for their sponsorship for this BCSF community event to support our BCSC teachers and students!
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley