St. Cecilia Spotlight - Nov 8
November 8, 2023
NOTE FROM MRS. KATHMAN
End of 1st trimester is Friday, November 10th. Make sure you are checking in with your students for any missing assignments. Report cards will not be sent home. Once available and if you wish to have a hard copy, you may print it from the "Documents" section on your student's Sycamore profile.
- 11/21/23 - Early Dismissal at 11:00 AM: All school mass (8:00 AM) and awards immediately following in church. No lunch will be served and there will not be any Aftercare provided. Signing students out prior to the 11:00 AM dismissal will result in a tardy.
- 11/21/23 - Parent Teacher Conferences: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Scheduling will open on November 13th in Sycamore. You may need to use a desktop and not a mobile device to reserve your conference. Middle school teachers will meet as one conference.
- 12/5/23 - Staff Emergency Preparedness Training: No Aftercare and Daycare will close at 2:00 PM in order for all staff to attend.
GIVING TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 14TH
This year, St. Cecilia Catholic School will participate in the National Catholic Education Association’s annual day of giving. As a member of NCEA, we will be partnering with FACTS to participate in the 2023 Many Gifts, One Nation: A Day of Giving to Catholic Schools. The link will go live on 11/14/23 at 12:00 PM EST and will remain open only for 24 hours. This day of giving provides an opportunity for individuals, families, and businesses to support their local Catholic School. As you know, St. Cecilia Catholic School has partnered with the City of Independence to place a School Resource Officer on-site full-time. St. Cecilia is proud to be one of the first schools in the diocese to commit to a full-time SRO. The SRO provides additional support with the daily operations of the school such as traffic patrol, overseeing student movement around campus and general school safety. While these are all nice, it is great to have this extra layer of support should there ever be a serious emergency on campus. Additionally, our SRO serves as a role model to our students and provides opportunities for them to connect with those in uniform.
St. Cecilia is fortunate to partner with the City of Independence. Due to our partnership, St. Cecilia Catholic School is responsible for funding one-half of the current SRO salary. As we recognize the NCEA’s National Day of Giving, we want to invite our families and friends to celebrate with us! All funds raised during the day of giving will go directly to support the SRO position at St. Cecilia Catholic School.
Lifetouch will be having a school picture retake session on November 27th at their Crestview Hills location for anyone who missed school picture day. Please contact Ivonne at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. These pictures will be in the yearbook and order forms will also be available.
DEADLINE TO ORDER FOR CHRISTMAS IS NOVEMBER 15TH
We hope this message finds you well and brimming with excitement for the upcoming holiday season! A lot of great improvements are happening, and we are thrilled to introduce you to something special that will help you showcase your school pride like never before.
We believe in fostering a strong sense of unity and pride among our students, parents, and staff. And what better way to do so than by proudly showcasing our stylish and high-quality spirit wear? We are excited to announce the launch of our new Spirit Wear shops, where you'll find a wide range of apparel and accessories designed to showcase your love for our school.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Visit the Saint Cecilia Spirit Wear Shop by clicking the links below or visiting our main website.
- Browse the amazing selection of spirit wear, from cozy hoodies to trendy tees.
- Select your preferred items and sizes, then proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to include your student's name, grade, and homeroom teacher's name in the order form to ensure it gets delivered with no issues. Failure to do so will result in delay in delivery.
- Complete your order and mark your calendar for the delivery date. Items will be delivered to the Teachers room at the end of each month.
NOTE: The store will close each month on the 15th and everything ordered will be delivered by the 30th. If you order after the 15th it will be delivered the following month. Let's make this school year truly unforgettable by proudly representing our beloved Saint Cecilia Catholic School.
Thank you for your continued support and dedication to our school community.
BLUE MARBLE BOOKFAIR
The time has come! The Youth Group's first meeting will be next Friday, November 17th from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM. Please use the link below to sign up your students!
- If you have any questions please send us a message here or you can email, email@example.com
Our next meeting is on Nov 14th at 6:30 pm in the Undercroft. At this meeting, we will draw the winners of the Cash Calendar. Winners who are not in attendance will be notified via email or phone.
The next Stagette meeting is scheduled for Nov 28. More details to follow.
SPORTS VOLUNTEER HOURS! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
St. Cecilia is hosting the Diocese 5th Grade Boys Basketball League this year.
This is a huge undertaking that requires lots of volunteers to make it successful. Please plan to work a shift, or two, or three! Money made from hosting this event will financially benefit the school and our student athletes.
Winter Sports Picture Day is November 28th starting at 5:30pm in the school gym. Picture schedule will be sent out via email, school newsletter, and posted on the school website under the sports page closer to the date. Winter sports include Basketball and Archery.
*8th Graders*...Sports Committee wants your individual picture taken to hang as a banner in the gym! Please get your individual picture taken for each sport played during the winter 2023-24 season. If you missed the fall pictures, please also get your picture taken for that sport. The cost of the banners are covered by the sports committee!
Men's Stag $5 for $500 Raffle
The Sports Committee is sending home raffle sheets in this week's family folders. We are asking students to sell $5 raffle tickets for a chance to win $500. The winner will be drawn the night of the Stag on January 20, 2024, and you do not have to be present to win.
Every student who sells at least 10 raffle tickets will have a chance to win a $100 or $50 gift card. The classroom that sells the most tickets will win a Friday night open gym time from 6pm - 8pm hosted by the Sports Committee with a pizza dinner. Date to be determined.
Please turn in money and raffle tickets sold by December 7th.
Men's Stag - Tickets Now On Sale
We're back - 1/20/24 at 6pm for another epic night in the Undercroft filled with live music, wings, draft beer, games, and raffles while watching the NFL divisional round! Draft beer and wings are INCLUDED in your ticket price!
The 2024 Men's Stag is brought to you by the St Cecilia Sports Committee. We are committed to having more sporting activities available to the children during the recess hour. Proceeds will purchase new outdoor basketball goals with concrete pads on school property!
Buy your tickets now for $25. Visit our website at http://www.tinyurl.com/stcstag to purchase Admission tickets and check out our online raffles. Online Raffles include a Joe Burrow autographed full-sized helmet with COA, Blackstone Grill, and Bourbon Collection. Table Sponsorships are still available! Any questions, contact Josh Whisman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thu 9 Veterans Day Performance
Fri 10 End of 1st Trimester
Mon 13 Bookfair
Tue 14 SCPTO Meeting
Tue 14 NCEA Day of Giving
Tue 14 Bookfair
Wed 15 Bookfair
Thu 16 Bookfair
Fri 17 Bookfair
Tue 21 Aftercare Closed
Tue 21 All School Mass & Awards
Tue 21 Parent/Teacher Conferences
Tue 21 Early Dismissal (11AM)
Wed 22 PD4 - NO SCHOOL
Wed 22 Feast of St. Cecilia
Thu 23 Thanksgiving - NO SCHOOL
Fri 24 Thanksgiving - NO SCHOOL
Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 14th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 14th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Catholic Charities, Training Room, 3629 Church St. Covington, Kentucky 41015. Wednesday, November 15th, 2023, 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 28th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, November 28th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, December 5th, 2023, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, December 5th, 2023, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Tuesday, January 9th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky, 40111. Tuesday, January 9th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, January 24th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, January 24th, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, February 7th, 2024, 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Diocesan Curia, Bishop Howard Memorial Auditorium, Covington, Kentucky 41011. Wednesday, February 7th,, 2024, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.