The McAuliffe Messenger
Week of September 19-23, 2016
We enjoyed our first full week of school with a number of special events:
- Tuesday was the launch of our monthly student assemblies with the theme focused on values. Students had fun learning more about their teachers and celebrating the achievements of their peers.
- Wednesday and Thursday morning was the recognition of 4th Quarter 2015-2016 Honor Roll students. It never seemed fair that students who worked hard at the end of the year didn't get acknowledged for earning A's & B's like the first three quarters of school. Parents joined students for a presentation of certificates and breakfast to start the day.
-Friday was the first Friends of McAuliffe family engagement & fundraising event of the school year. The Kermes included a lot of food, fellowship, and special student dance performance. The event was a perfect way to start the observation of National Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 to October 15), which celebrates the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America.
All Staff Reminders:
1) Open House family event will be held this Thursday, September 22 from 3:00 - 5:00 pm; everyone is encouraged to commit a couple of hours beyond the regular school day to welcome families [Compensation will not be provided]
2) Monitor Google Calendar on a daily basis - Please respond to all Google Calendar invitations
3) Visit Ramonita Delvalle for 2016-2017 Parking Permits
1) Beginning-of-Year Assessments:
-F&P Reading: Grades K-5 (All Students) & Grades 6-8 (Below & Far Below Only) [Due Friday, October 7]
-NWEA Fall Reading & Math: Required Testers Only (No Spring 20116 Score)
-NWEA Fall Science: TBD
-REACH Performance Tasks: Waiting On Test Delivery [Due Friday, October 7]
Enjoy your week at school!