The Wind of Freedom Blows
The requirements to attend Stanford are having a 4.0 G.P.A or higher, be involved in extracurricular and community activities, take AP Courses, get a 2100 or higher on the SATs, and doing anything else to set yourself apart from every other student.
2. What activities and programs are offered at this school?
Programs offered at this school include Engineering, Business, Division 1 Sports, Dining Options and others.
3. Why are you considering this college?
Considering this college because it is prestigious and will help me achieve a great career and a successful future. California's climate is suitable for me and this college offers a well known engineering program.
4. What may people not know about this college?
Stanford is one of the nation's leading research universities. Its areas of excellence range from the humanities to social sciences to engineering and the sciences. Located in the Californian Bay Area one of the most intellectually dynamic and diverse areas.
5. Where is this school located? What is the school motto?
Stanford is located in Northern California 35 miles south of San Francisco in Silicon Valley. School motto is "The Wind of Freedom Blows."
6. What components make up the school? Is there a graduate program? What sort of colleges are inside this university?
Business, Education, Engineering, Humanities and Sciences, Law and Medicine schools make up Stanford. Offers graduate programs in these majors.
7. What is the history of the school? Are there any notable alumni?
Opened in 1891 by Leland and June Stanford. Their child died so they adopted the "children of California" and developed a university. Yes, Richard Sherman, JFK, Reese Witherspoon, Mitt Romney, and John Elway.