Dutch Fork Elementary
Academy of Environmental Sciences - Week of February 1 -
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of noticing and questioning.
- We believe in learning from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary and secondary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe learning should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2015-2016
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year 65% of 2nd-5th graders will have met their spring MAP reading growth goal.
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year homeroom teachers will have received a minimum of 10 hours of environmental sciences professional development to build teacher capacity and to assist with magnet theme integration.
Sara Wheeler answering questions for WLTX story on school choice.
B. Blackwell's class being videoed for WLTX school choice story.
Blackwell's class collecting temperature data with one of Dr. Thompson's students.
School Renewal Plan
All Lexington/Richland 5 schools are currently in the process of developing school renewal plans which includes creating goals, strategies, and action plans that guide our work.
Our instructional team along with our school improvement council will take the lead in drafting the plan but we will be soliciting input and feedback from our faculty and staff.
All plans are due by April 1 and must be approved by Dr. Hefner and our school board.
We will include valuable information gained from the AdvancED process from last year as well. Further details to come.
RtI Progress Monitoring Conversations
Monday, Feb. 1st, 8-10:45am
S. Somerall's Room Space
Professional Development Tuesday, February 2
Out of Office
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd, 11:30am-1:30pm
I will be attending principal's meetings Wednesday beginning at 12:00 p.m. Please notify B. Poore should you need assistance from an administrator.
Early Release Day
Thursday, Feb. 4th, 7:15-11:45am
We will go by our early release schedule for lunch, recess, and related areas on Thursday.
Our Super Bowl staff luncheon will begin 12:30 p.m. in the cafeteria on this date as well. Look forward to seeing you all then!