Goodness Grows News
Last Picnic of the Year
Giveaway 2020 a Success
The Coat & Clothing (& More) Giveaway here at Common Ground and Goodness Grows was a huge success, in no small part thanks to the donations many of you dropped off. Thank you! Our GG team worked so hard to get everything ready for this community event and to clean up afterward. We are so thankful that our clients are such hard workers who put their hearts into all they do!
Even in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, when we had no idea what to expect, we were still able to help more than 150 people find useful items and warm clothes. New life was given to items of all types - coats, clothing, dishes, books, games, Halloween costumes, stuffed animals, a baby stroller...the list goes on!
All of the things that remained after the Giveaway will go on to other organizations doing good in our valley. A volunteer came and picked up the coats/hats/scarves/gloves for the Youngstown Blue Coats, an organization whose mission "is to prevent the freezing and injury caused by extreme weather exposure to the homeless and financially destitute Americans, with a special focus on military veterans." The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, an organization that "collaborates with other people of good will in relieving need and addressing its causes," will be coming to pick up everything else.
We are already preparing for the next Giveaway in October 2021. Anytime throughout the year that you decide to clean out closets, drawers, attics, etc., consider bringing your unwanted items here. We are thrilled to accept any clean and usable items that you think may help someone else. As always, we will freely give those items to anyone with a need, without requiring proof of income or residency.
Lunch With Cam (& Darius!)
Sisters Stopping By
Jungle Jam & Juicy Jam
Ways to Support GG
* Online Shopping ~ Just use Amazon Smile - choose Goodness Grows as your charity of choice.
* Buying Products ~ Jungle Jam, Juicy Jam, cat toys, etc. - all proceeds go back into our program.
* Volunteering ~ Give of your time and get back lots of love & smiles!
* Donating Items ~ We are always in need of items like basic jam making supplies such as regular 8oz. canning jars, lids, sugar, and white vinegar.
* Charitable Giving ~ As a small non-profit, Goodness Grows depends upon generous supporters who give monetary support. A contribution to Goodness Grows is tax-deductible, to the extent allowed by law. Your donations help us to continue our mission of working with people of all abilities.
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE & FACEBOOK PAGE TO LEARN MORE!
Goodness Grows is a faith-based 501(c)3 non-profit operating out of Common Ground Church Community. Our mission is to cultivate personal, social, and community growth through gardening, education, and opportunity for people of all abilities. We are working to improve people's lives through social and therapeutic gardening practices. We'd love for you to join us!
Create. Cultivate. Thrive.