Bandera Art and Science Cohort
Sept. 23, 2015 Day 1 Goals
1. Deepen understanding of learning scales
2. Discuss using learning scales with students
3. Generate ideas for monitoring for student learning of the targets
Dec. 1, 2016 Day 2 Goals
- Identify strategies for monitoring for learning
- Plan to monitor for learning and make adaptations based on evidence gathered
- Deepen understanding of level 4.0 targets
- Discuss 4 types of cognitively engaging tasks
Find your area and grade level.
Look at how each SE has been tested from 2013-2015.
Identify one of the standards to use for planning today.
For grades K-2, look at the 3rd grade scaffold to see which grade level TEKS align to STAAR readiness and supporting standards.
Create a Cognitively Complex Task
- Select a technique that you can use to help students go deeper into procedural and declarative knowledge and skills from level 3.0 and 2.0 on the scale.
- Think real world.
- Use the planning charts in the chapter on the technique.
- Read over the common mistakes for the technique.
- Look at the student proficiency scale in the chapter. What will you monitor for?
- Look at Scaffolding and Extending section of the chapter. You will get ideas on adaptations that may need to be made in order for students to be successful.