Message from Academy of the Canyons' Principal, Dr. Fine
Week of 10/10-10/28
Click here to order a free lunch for your student through the Hart District. Free lunches are available to all students in the Hart District. Orders must be placed before 8:00am.
- Tuesday, 10/11-College Application Lab Support from 3:00pm-4:00pm with Ms. Grijalva
- Wednesday, 10/12-College Application Lab Support from 3:00pm-4:00pm with Ms.Grijalva
- Thursday, 10/13-Coding Club Meeting at Lunch in the Computer Lab, and 7:00pm College of the Canyons Homecoming Game at COC Football Stadium
- Friday, 10/14-NHS Induction Ceremony for Students and Goldsmiths, University of London visits with Seniors.
- Saturday, 10/15-PSAT at AOC for 11th grade students who registered.
- Tuesday, 10/18-12th grade families, please save the date for a 12th Grade AOC Financial Aid Night (In-Person). This event will be presented by the COC Financial Aid office.
- Wednesday, 10/19- College Application Lab Support from 3:00pm-4:00pm with Ms.Grijalva
- Saturday, 10/22- Make a Blanket Drive by Project Linus, AOC student volunteers needed for the event from 10am-4pm
- Tuesday, 10/25-College Application Lab Support from 3:00pm-4:00pm with Ms.Grijalva
- Friday, 10/28- 9:00am Coffee with the Principal at the University Center next to AOC, a chat about wellness and Senior Capstone Projects. Learn how you can get involved at AOC as a mentor for these community-wide projects.
- Friday, 10/28- ASB Halloween at AOC. Halloween costumes are allowed that are school appropriate. No masks are allowed to be worn. All school rules apply.
As a reminder, the college application labs are for Seniors wanting a place to work on college applications or have them checked for submission can join, Ms. Grijalva in the AOC Computer Lab on the following days afterschool: October 11,12,18,19, 25, and 26 (3-4pm)
Have a wonderful week! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or our main office with any questions.
Dr. Juliet Fine
Principal of AOC
Project Linus Community-Wide Event on 10/22 SIgn Ups- Parents and Student Volunteers Invited
We are the students of Academy of the Canyons Nonprofit Ventures class and the staff of the Santa Clarita Project Linus Chapter. We would like to inform you, your students, and staff of our upcoming event, Make a Blanket Day on Saturday, October 22 from 10 am to 4 pm at the COC East Gym and ask that you help us spread the word. Nonprofit Ventures - Project Linus is a chapter of a non-profit organization that specializes in making and delivering handmade blankets all across the valley to provide love, security, and comfort to children who are seriously ill and traumatized. It is also our mission to provide a rewarding and fun service opportunity for interested individuals, students, and groups in our local communities, for the benefit of children.
Our event this year is on October 22nd! We will be located at College of the Canyon’s East Gym at 26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91355. There will be food trucks at the event if you would like to purchase food!
Furthermore, if you are unable to participate in our Make-A-Blanket Day Event or cannot attend the event for the full amount of time, you can drop off blankets on the day of the event from 10 am-2 pm! We ask that ALL participants fill out this form to sign up and receive instructions on how much fleece to bring and the amount of service hours participants can earn. Participants will be emailed a service hour confirmation form at completion of the event. To learn how to make the tied fleece edge blankets, please check out our website @scvprojectlinus.org.
We have included a digital flier, the sign up sheet, an instructional video for how to make blankets, and a promotional video for your student announcements or Google Classroom. If you have any questions regarding the event, please feel free to contact us email@example.com.
See you there!
-SCV Project Linus Staff
Event Sign up Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeb8IVPekPx5hZqBgZCj_abbXeiJYsdjgj5pyWJvG8fV2YlOA/viewform
Watch this video to learn more about the Project Linus event held on 10/22. AOC students created a video ad to promote the event.
COC Go Fusion Menu
Please see our Food Truck Thursday menu. Place your orders by Wednesday at 12:00pm.
COC Homecoming Game on 10/13, Thursday
College of the Canyons Homecoming is Coming!
Mark Your Calendars:
Football Game Information:
College of the Canyons vs. Bakersfield College
Date: Thursday, October 13, 2022 @7pm in the Cougar Stadium
COC Homecoming Tailgate Event Information:
To kick off the game, College of the Canyons will be hosting a Homecoming Tailgate Event before the game from 5-7pm in the Cougar Stadium.
Notes from COC's Planning Committee to AOC Students:
- Gates open at 5:00 pm, and the kick-off is at 7:00 pm against Bakersfield College.
- Tickets: https://cocathletics.com/information/Event_Tickets
- Students and staff will be free. Please use code: AOCHC22 when getting the ticket.
- All others can purchase the tickets at the above link. The ticket price is $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for seniors/youth.
- The first 600 students with a valid student ID or if they show the MyCanyons class schedule at the gate will get a free food voucher.
- We will have Busy Bees BBQ, Reality Eatz food truck, and Flamin Hot Chicken food truck.
- The Coffee Kiosk will be selling drinks at the concession stand.
- We are giving away 750 COC Homecoming T-Shirts
- A dedicated student section sponsored by ASG. The theme for the night is Western (So wear your boots!)
- ASG will run multiple events throughout the night, including musical chairs on the 50 yards line at halftime.
- DJ Rick Grant will be spinning music all night.
- Ten campus groups and/or clubs will be staffing tables and providing games to play.
Academy of the Canyons
Location: Academy of the Canyons, Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA, USA