Acetic acid/ Vinegar
By: Theresa Bender
3 uses of the chemical
The most common form of acetic acid.
The actual chemical
Acetic acid in its true form.
The chemical formula
This is the chemical formula that makes acetic acid.
3 physical or chemical properties of the chemical
1. Acidic character
2. Reaction with sodium bicarbonate
3. Reacts with sodium bicarbonate to produce carbon dioxide
1. One of the most important uses for household acetic acid is to make a volcano science project.
2. One of the most effective ways to wash fruits and veggies is with dilute vinegar.
3. When the industries want to produce acetic acid, they will use the fermentation of ethanol. To make this reaction successful, the oxygen from the air is required.