KSTM Bulletin & Conferences Info
Week of February 8 - February 19
Dr. Rath's Corner
Greetings Wildcat Families!
Wow! We are so excited to have 480 of our Wildcats back in the building. We love hearing the sounds of a busy and productive school atmosphere. Ms. Kuhns, Assistant Principal/Data Processor monitor our daily numbers to ensure we are following health and safety guidelines. Please know for our remote families, , we will need to follow a 48-hour transition time for having students move from remote to in-person. The 48-hour transition time is needed for Ms. Kuhns to ensure students are placed in classes following health and safety guidelines. Thank you for being patient.
Great News for King Science:
- Covid Saliva Testing began last week! Parents that have students in-person can use the link below to sign their child up for the testing.
- Virtual Family Night coming up on Thursday, February 18th. We will be re-watching the Mars Rover landing in our Planetarium and play some challenging space and math games for prizes. Come join the fun, it is going to be out of this world.
- No School, Monday February 15th for President's Day.
- Progress Reports will be going home in the mail this week.
- Parent Teacher Conferences is around the corner. Please see sign up information below.
Stay warm and have a great week,
Dr. Rath, Principal
Heartland Food Distribution Family Night for King Science Families Wed. February, 17th 4-5:30
Please sign up for your in-person student to participate in our weekly saliva testing,
KSTM Student-Led Conferences will be on 2/24 3:30-7:30 and 2/25 12:00-6:30. Conferences will be held remotely in Microsoft Teams. Use your student's email when you sign up so the invite appears on their Teams calendar.
KSTM PICTURE DAY RE-TAKES!
Please click on the link below to complete picture retake registration:
Scan the QR Code for Picture Re-take Registration!
48 Hour Transition Window
The Remote Learning Program will remain an option for students who wish to continue learning full-time from home during the second semester. Please contact Ms. Lori Kuhns (email@example.com) if you would like to change your student's attendance plan.
February 2021 Calendar
Bell Schedule for All Students
Winter Season Athletics
We will start Girls and Boys Basketball training when we return to 100% in-person learning! In addition, we will offer a strength and conditioning program several days per week!
Girls Basketball will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays
Boys Basketball will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Conditioning will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays.
In order to participate, the following items are required:
1. Student must have no failing grades
2. An athletic physical dated AFTER May 1st, 2020 must be on file with the athletic office
3. Proof of insurance must be on file with the athletic office.
Attention 7th & 8th Grade Students
The Nebraska State Treasurer’s Office has opened their annual “Why I Want to Go to College” writing contest scholarship. Twelve 7th & 8th grade students will receive $2,000, $1,000, or $500 in a college savings plan. Entries are due April 1. Please view the flier and link below for more details!
Book Blasters-Reading Club Tuesday & Thursdays, 3:30-5:30 PM firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Bowl Tuesday & Thursdays 3:15-4:30 email email@example.com
Entomology Club Tuesdays 3:05-4:30 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Club Wednesdays email email@example.com
Mine Craft & Coding for Girls Wednesdays 3:25- 4:25 PM firstname.lastname@example.org
Mine Craft & Coding for Boys Wednesdays 3:25 -4:25 PM email@example.com