The Patriot Update
Principal's Message | July 29, 2020
Dear BCCHS Families,
As a reminder, I will host a Zoom meeting on Wednesday, August 5th at 6:00 pm to share all the final details and expectations for our Distance Learning Program at this time.
The meeting will be recorded and posted on our website and in ParentSquare for reference.
Topic: Parent Orientation to BCCHS Distance Learning
Time: Aug 5, 2020 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 842 1747 7296
Monday, August 10 to Friday, August 14
In addition to the operational guidance and “How To” of Distance Learning during week 1, we will engage our students in activities that will promote inclusivity and connection between their peers and a Grade Level Teacher. All students will be assigned a teacher or certificated staff member for a “period 9” class that will be the course they need to participate in during week 1.
This is the only course students will need to participate during week 1.
- Students in grades 10-12 will participate in this course from 9:00-10:20 each day starting on Monday, August 10 to Friday, August 14.
Students must check their Aeries email for details!
Students in grade 9 will participate in an 80 minute period that will take place during one of the times listed below:
- 8:30, 9:40, 10:50, 12:10, 1:20, 2:30
- 9th grade students will be notified of the timeslot in which they will participate in their Aeries account by Wednesday August 5th.
- Students will only be participating in one of these timeslots listed and will participate in the same timeslot every day from August 10-August 14.
- 9th grade students will participate in break out rooms with about 16 students and a certificated staff member which could include a 9th grade teacher, counselor, or administrator. I will be participating too.
* Our normal schedule for periods 1-6 will begin on Monday, August 17th.
* I will provide the finalized schedule in my update to you next week and during the Zoom meeting on August 5th.
10th Grade Materials Pickup Days by Appointment THIS WEEK:
If you haven't made your appointment, click on the link below:
Zoom information to come!
Coffee with the Principal
Tuesday, August 25th!
9:00 AM OR 6:00 PM
Choose a convenient time for you!
ParentSquare at BCCHS
Our primary method to disseminate information and provide two way communication with you will be through ParentSquare, our new communication platform. ParentSquare is designed to keep parents informed and facilitate participation at school. It provides a safe way for the school principal, teachers, staff, and parents to:
- Send and receive school and class information
- Share pictures and files
- See calendar items
- Sign up to volunteer
- and much more . . . all in one centralized place!