April Showers...whether they are rain or snow...will surely bring on the May flowers!
We love playing outside!!
Remember that the weather is still unpredictable. You may see a forecast in the 60's but it may still be in the 20's in the morning when we head outside to play. Most days we need winter coats early on and spring coats/sweatshirts in the afternoon.
Continue to send in mud boots for those extra messy, fun mud puddle days! Friends (and teachers, too:) love the puddles!!
What have your Chickadees been doing??
We enjoyed LOTS of great authors and illustrators in March! Some of our favorite books include Sky Color by Peter H. Reynolds, Mix It Up by Herve Tullet, Bringing Down the Moon by and the MANY Dr. Seuss books shared by friends! Thank you for sending in your favorites:)
March was also Youth Art Month! Paint was flying left and right, and sometimes even ended up on the paper! We celebrated all the Chickadees as true artists!
Celebrate Literacy & Art!
We were so excited to attend the Literacy Connections Conference. Ms Michelle, was selected as a workshop presenter for this conference. She shared her "Story Art" workshop for professional hours for participants. Little Buddies teachers from both locations can be found implementing what they brought back from their workshops into their classrooms!
We are all so proud of Ms Trudy for receiving the first ever Excellence by Example award at the conference! See the info below on a celebration night at the SB library!
The Week of the Young Child is April 11-15 and April is also Keep America Beautiful Month! Some things we will be doing...
- Celebrate your children through child-rich activities including art, literacy, science and more!
- Lots of fine-motor strengthening activities!
- Bring nature inside!
- Spend more time observing the changes outside! We’ve already begun using our “scientist notebooks and cards.” We will continue to observe and document the Spring changes we are seeing.
- Help clean up our Little Buddies piece of the Earth!
- We will continue to incorporate even more science into our curriculum with “Growing Up WILD”!
- Lots more yoga inside and out with Ms Michelle!
A Chirp from Miss Beth...
As always, thank you for sharing your Little Buddies with us!!! ~Miss Michelle, Miss Shelby, Miss Beth & Miss Mallory
- Large Letter & Number Magnets
- Kitchen gadgets for fine motor activities
- paper towel tubes
- white paper