NCA is Developing Missionaries
It is always such a blessing to see the world through a child’s eyes. A few days ago a young student came into the school office and waited patiently for Mrs. Howe to be free to talk to her. Soon the child took out her personal wallet and carefully reached inside for two dimes from the small amount of change she had in there. She handed them to Mrs. Howe and asked her to please make sure to give them to the hurting children. Then with a smile on her face she skipped off.
- That’s the heart of a developing missionary- a cheerful and sincere giver concerned with others and filled with the joy of sharing what they have!
- That’s what we endeavor to accomplish through our mission projects here at NCA- minds that think biblically, hearts that love God and others, and hands that serve.
Salvation Army Christmas Warehouse
- We packed close to 100 Christmas bags with presents for children of needy local families, sorted toys for distribution, unloaded two trucks of toys, and packed the trucks again with bicycles headed for Immokalee.
- We got to see the food bank in action, where our items from the recent food drive were being sorted and boxed to be given families.
- Our school gave the third most food items in the food drive of all the private schools in Collier County!
We are so glad to use our time, gifts, talents, and resources to help the Salvation Army in their ministry.
The 5th grade recently planted this year's garden. New this year is a garden tower, which accommodates up to 50 plants in four feet of space. We are thankful for the donors who helped with the purchase of the tower, and we look forward to a wonderful harvest in the spring. A special thank you to Mrs. Cheryl Wagener and Mrs. Michelle Speece for their help, knowledge, and insight in planting our garden.
An Overview of Our Missions by Grade:
- PK- Laces of Love
- Kindergarten- Grace Center Foundation in Ethiopia
- Grade 1- Alliance Stamp Ministry at Shell Point
- Grade 2- Ronald McDonald House
- Grade 3- Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Grade 4- Feed My Starving Children
- Grade 5- NCA Mission Garden
- Grade 6- Salvation Army
- Grade 7- Operation Christmas Child
- Grade 8- Ride Nature and Redlands Christian Migrant Association