Mrs. Schettone's News
A Note from Mrs. Capotrio about Summer Camp!
Community Helpers are Invading our Classroom!
This week, students worked very hard on their Project Based Learning Unit on Community Helpers! Students learned about Dentists, Firefighters, Police Officers, and Veterinarians! Students also worked very hard on wrapping up their neighborhood construction with Mrs. Seltzer in art! Our neighborhood will be displayed at the Spring Art Show on Friday! Students also did a great job designing a community helpers costume for the community helper that was their favorite or one that they wanted to be when they grow up! Students were interviewed by myself and asked why they liked or wanted to be that community helper when they grow up! I'm including the link for the video (this isn't a finished product as some of our friends got cut off in their explanation and I'm trying to fix the glitch..but everyone loves a sneak peek!) Enjoy!
Mystery Reader, Mimi McGlohorn, Elliott's Grandmom!
Elliott's Grandmom, Mimi, came to visit our class on Thursday and read to us! Mimi joined us all the way from South Carolina! Mimi read "Puff the Magic Dragon" and "Iggy the Architect!" We loved both books! Mimi then treated us to pencils, so we can draw just like Iggy the Architect and she also treated us to popcorn and candy, which is a dragons favorite treat! Thank you so much for visiting! We loved having you!
Highlights of our Week!
- Students completed their AABL testing on the ipad in the Innovation Lab and did a great job!
- Students worked very hard on our PBL learning about community helpers, constructing our neighborhood, and creating our video on our favorite community helpers!
- Students did a great job learning about the -op family in word study! Tests came home on Friday! Please be sure to sign and return!
- Students did a great job wrapping up our Chapter on 3-D shapes! Chapter 12 tests came home on Friday! Please be sure to sign and return!
- Students completed two math journal activities focusing on the Very Hungry Caterpillar Sequencing and Adding as well as Adding and Dice!
- Students did a great job working on their poetry packets and learning about our poems from A-Z! We will be wrapping up our study this week!
Week of May 2nd-6th
Word Study: -ot family
Language Arts: The Writing Process (Character Day) and I-Ready Lessons (Thursday)
Math: Addition and Subtraction Stories
Social Studies: PBL Unit on Community Helpers!
Special Events: Mother's Day Tea and Spring Art Show!
May 6th is our Mother’s Day Tea and Spring Art Show
May 20th is Field Day at 1:30pm
May 25th is our Character Day
June 3rd is Donuts with Dad
June 7th is our Kindergarten Graduation at 1:30pm