Comparison of World Religions
- It started with the birth of Jesus in 0 C.E. In Bethlehem
- Jesus Christ founded it
- It is monotheistic
- There is only one God, who watches over and cares for his people
- Jesus Christ is the son of God. He died to save humanity from sin. His death and resurrection made eternal life possible for others.
- There are 2 billion Christians worldwide
- They spread believes by missionaries
- The Holy book is the Bible
- God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, 12 disciples
- Get together every Sunday to listen to the pastor.
- Jesus says that Christians should make disciples of al nations baptizing them in the name of the father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- Most historians agree that it originated in northern India in the 5th century B.C.E.
- It was started by Buddha
- People achieve complete peace and happiness by eliminating their attachment to worldly things
- There are 362 million Buddhists worldwide
- "The jug fills drop by drop." -Buddha
- They spread their beliefs with missionaries.
- The holy book is the Dhammapada
- Buddha was special
- No founder
- 820 million Hindus
- The soul never dies it is continually reborn and people achieve happiness and enlightenment after they free themselves from earthly desires
- Holy book is the Vedas
- Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva
- Its been around since 28,000 bce in India
- Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva were all special
- Started 28,000 bce in India
- They spread their beliefs with missionaries