Camp Road Cougar News
August 28, 2022
Hello Camp Road Families!
We hope that you have all had a fantastic and relaxing summer break! We here at Camp Road are looking forward to the start of the 2022-2023 School Year. There is a lot of information in this newsletter, so please read it carefully.
A few thoughts:
- If you are opening this newsletter in an email and would like to view it in a mobile format, please click on the newsletter in your email and it will open in a mobile format that will be easier to read on your tablet or smart phone.
- Mass communication from the school, emails, phone calls, and text messages, will be sent out through a system called Blackboard this year. This system pulls parent contact information directly from PowerSchool. If you are not receiving information, please update your contact information in your parent portal. If you want to receive text messages, you must have a cell number listed, not just a home number.
- Any student who rides a bus must ride his or her assigned bus, and must exit the bus at his or her assigned stop on a daily basis. If you wish for your child to ride a different bus one day or exit the bus at a stop that is not his or her assigned stop, you must send a written note to school with your child the day of stating what bus he or she is going to rise or what stop he or she is going to exit the bus that day. The note must be turned in to the front office. The front office staff will issue your child a yellow bus pass at the end of the day. Your child will need to present the yellow bus pass to the driver upon boarding the bus in the afternoon. This is not a school rule, this is a transportation rule. The school must abide by the wishes of the transportation office on this issue.
- 2023 Yearbooks are now available to pre-order! Order now and save $10! Link: https://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A07633159
August 31 - Math MAP Testing
September 1 - ELA MAP Testing
September 2 - Coffee and Conversations
September 5 - School Closed for Labor Day
September 8 - Open House
Stay in the loop with your child's academics!
6th Grade Quarter 1 Academic Newsletter
6th Grade Parent Guide:
7th Grade Quarter 1 Academic Newsletter
8th Grade Quarter 1 Academic Newsletter
News from the Data Clerk
We take class attendance in Middle school. You will receive the automatic dial out calls for any period that your child misses school. These calls cannot be stopped as they are a district mandate.
Please send an absent note any time your child is absent, whether it is for the whole day or just a few periods.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
News from the Media Specialist
Students should NOT bring their Chromebook chargers to school. Please charge devices at home each evening. Chargers tend to disappear at school, and we have no way to track them. Students will be responsible for the cost of replacing lost chargers, so please don’t let your student bring the charger to school!
A reminder about the CCSD fee structure for damages and loss of chromebooks:
- Negligent/Accidental Breakage - No charge for first incident per school year $50 per incident for each subsequent event
- Intentional Vandalism - $300.
- Stolen Device - No cost if a police report is provided
- Lost Device - $300
- Lost Charger - $40
News From Guidance
Your student will have the opportunity to take the PSAT/NMSQT (practice SAT) at school on Wednesday, October 12.
The PSAT is approximately 3 hours and measures skills in critical reading, math, and writing, all of which are important skills for college success and future planning. It can also identify your student as a "Junior Scholar", which includes an award of merit, a Junior Scholar bumper sticker, and potential invitations to attend summer opportunities at participating South Carolina colleges and universities.
If you are interested in your child taking the PSAT, there is a fee of $18 per student. Please be on the lookout for an informational letter and permission slip to come home with your student on September 1st.
The PSAT Fee can be paid through RevTrack.
News from PTO
The Cougar Spirit Wear Store is open now through September 5th with great prices and free shipping to school! Once the store closes, it won’t reopen until Spring 2023-don’t miss out on these one of a kind student created designs! Use this link to check out the variety of awesome products and show your school spirit: https://www.marktapparel.com/crms
Our PTO Membership & Fall Fundraising Drive is happening! Your Fall Sponsorship donation of $35 (or more) is the largest contributor to our budget! It’s what we call “One & Done” since it eliminates the need for us to ask your child to solicit funds throughout the year…no wrapping paper or candle sales! Our PTO budget funds many amazing projects for our school including author visits, library books, positive behavior celebrations, honor roll celebrations, special teacher/classroom projects, playground equipment, in-school and after-school clubs, band scholarships, and much more! Become a member for $5 and donate at: https://camproad.revtrak.net/
Thank you for your support!
Grade Level Administrators and Guidance Counselors
- Administrator: Mr. Westergaard (email@example.com)
- Guidance Counselor: Mrs. Fennessey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Administrator: Ms. Latto (email@example.com)
- Guidance Counselor: Mrs. Stonecypher (firstname.lastname@example.org)