Jasmine, Jesse , & Hayli
People make the decisions for themselves, rather than to have the decisions made by representatives. It is also known as pure or true democracy.
What is democracy ?
She is explaining to her teacher what she thinks democracy is.
People are coming together and debating on what others say.
In a democracy they have different rights than the government . There lives don't belong to anyone.
- Raises issues that others want to hide
- Restores authority to the people and makes them responsible , not the parties.
- Gets the community involved.
- Helps gain control over parliament and direction of the country
- Politicians are accountable
- Increase in a general vote that has been refereed to them for a direct decision
- Some people may be more politically active than others
- The media and government may attempt to influence the decisions made by the people.