Volume 5, Issue 1
Welcome FMES Junior Jackets!!!
We are very excited to welcome you for the start of the 2019-2020 school year! We hope that your children enjoyed a summer full of play, fun with friends and several good books! The year promises to be an exciting one as students will engage in rigorous and relevant learning, explore new topics and have the opportunity to participate in many family friendly events. It is our goal to ensure that our students receive the BEST education possible. That can only be accomplished by establishing a trusting and reciprocal relationship with a child's parent/guardian. We encourage you to actively participate in your child's education by ensuring they are completing work, reading the teacher's communication/newsletters, checking teacher See-Saw and website updates and attending school wide events. Our school is a place where students should feel academically, behaviorally and socially/emotionally supported. That can only occur when all stakeholders are involved. We look forward to working with you as we continue to put Children First...EVERYDAY!
- Kindergarten Meet the Teacher is Thursday, August 15th 7:30-9:55. Attendance times are based on the first letter of your last name.
***If you have twins, feel free to attend any two sessions you would like***
- Meet the Teacher for Grades 1-5 is Thursday, August 15th from 3:00-5:00. There will be three information sessions at the following times:
4:30-5:00 Open Meet and Greet (visit a related arts teacher, another teacher you have, etc.)
***Please note that the doors will be closed at the beginning of each session***
- The building opens at 7:05 each day and students report to class at 7:25. Students are considered tardy at 7:35.
- All tardy students must be signed in at the front office by a parent.
- Student dismissal begins at 2:20 and all students should be picked up no later than 2:45.
- As a reminder, due to increased security concerns, students are not allowed to have a friend on the stage if they are eating lunch with a parent. Thank you for your understanding.
- All mid-day transportation changes should be coordinated through our receptionist, Mr. Finch. Please email him at FinchS@fortmillschools.org and the classroom teacher with changes prior to noon.
- There is no dismissal for students between 2:00 and 2:20 each day.
- Student Independence Day (including Kindergarten students) is Thursday, August 22nd. This is the day that students are expected to walk to class without any parental assistance. Don't worry parents...our halls are filled with teachers and staff members and students are completely safe and will get to their classrooms safely. We promise!
Welcome our Newest Junior Jacket Staff Members!
Mrs. Suleski will join us as a Kindergarten Assistant in Ms. Blum's classroom.
Mrs. Laura Kaim
Mrs. Kaim will join us as a Kindergarten Assistant in Mrs. Feneis' room.
Mrs. Jennifer Thompson
Mrs. Thompson joins us as a First Grade Teacher.
Mrs. Austen Campbell
Mrs. Campell is joining us as a member of the Second Grade Team.
Ms. Laura Griswold
Ms. Griswold is joining us as a member of the Second Grade Team.
Ms. Deborah Houston
Ms. Houston is joining us as a member of the Second Grade Team.
Ms. Chrishonda Howze
Ms. Howze is joining our 4th Grade Team.
Mrs. Brittany Jennings
Mrs. Jennings is joining our Fourth Grade Team.
Ms. Taylor Castaldo
Ms. Castaldo is joining our Fifth Grade Team.
Mrs. Delores Sanders
Mrs. Sanders is joining our team as a Fifth Grade Teacher.
Mrs. Erin Swetta
Mrs. Swetta is our new PowerSchool Attendant. We are excited to have her on the front office team.
Ms. Kennedy Langlois
Ms. Langlois is joining us as our School Psychologist for grades K-5.
What time does the bus come?
FMES Student Handbook
We look forward to seeing everyone soon!!!
Follow Us on Social Media
Facebook: FMES PTO