Moreau Heights Elementary
Giving our students HOPE for a better tomorrow one skill at a time!
Our PBS lessons this week will focus on
Our Second Steps lessons all focus on Bully Prevention.
All grade levels have a focus on Learning.
Kindergarten- Bullying - Lesson 2
1st grade - Bullying - Lesson 2
2nd grade - Bullying - Lesson 3
3rd grade - Bullying - Lesson 3
4th grade - Bullying - Lesson 4
5th grade - Introducing Emotion Management
We have SO MANY amazing students who are doing great things each day. We sometimes lose sight of this and can feel overwhelmed. Remember - 90% of our students are making progress with social and behavior skills, just like we would expect! This should be celebrated!
Remember to highlight what you want to see more of!
Article to Help Focus on All That is RIGHT In Our Day
Character Trait for December is Compassion/Kindness
Have a colleague who you would like to see recognized for making a positive difference? Here is the link to complete a nomination.
JCPS Foundation Grants
Check out the grant applications to see what is available. Grant applications close January 14th. More details will come soon!
Duties for the Week
Gym - Hammann and Watson
Cafe - Albers and Ries
Collect students from the gym at 7:45
2. Linda Hutchison will serve as our full time resource teacher beginning Monday. Candy Treat will be splitting her time between Pioneer Trail, each morning, and Moreau Heights, each afternoon. Expect some schedule changes as we adjust a few things.
3. Teacher of the Year NominationsWant to nominate one of our deserving educators for the 2019 Eisinger Teacher of the Year award? Nominations are currently being accepted. The nomination window will close on January 9, 2019. Fill out the online nomination form here.
Educators eligible for this award include full-time, certified teachers, school librarians, guidance counselors or instructional coaches. You are welcome to nominate as many teachers as you would like. The nominated teacher must have five years of teaching experience, with two of those years being served in the Jefferson City Public Schools. For more information, call the JCPS Foundation at 573-659-3743 or click here.
2. Have you developed a way to track student minutes on iReady? We expect students to use this resource for a minimum of 45 minutes per week to see the impact. How do you incentivize students meeting this goal for minutes and an 80% pass rate?
Calendar of Events
Monday, December 3
Tuesday, December 4
*JEPD for 2nd grade in morning
*JEPD for 4th grade in afternoon
*Literacy Team mtg 3:45
*Tier 2 mtg 3:45
Wednesday, December 5
*Specials Collaboration 7:45 - 8:15
*Sue at district admin mtg 8 - 10
*AG Staffing (Hutchison, James, Gaines, Haugen, Day, Rackers, Steuber) 2:15
Thursday, December 6
Friday, December 7
*Shannon at Counselor mtg 2:00 - 3:30
Monday, December 10
*Leadership team mtg (Shelby and Brenda coming)
Tuesday, December 11
*JEPD for 1st grade in morning
*JEPD for 5th grade in afternoon
Wednesday, December 12
*TL Staffing (Price, Spear, Yates, Hutchison, Haugen) 11:00
Thursday, December 13
Friday, December 14
Growth mindset if important for EVERYONE. The article below focuses on maintaining a Teacher Growth Mindset.
- What do you agree with?
- What do you disagree with?
- What can you act upon in your practices?
This is the link to a revised communication log for your team collaboration. The expectation is that your team will complete each week.
Congratulations to Cindy Connelly and her Team!
Dr. Day's Update
Thank you so much for the conversations and hard work in SST training today. I know this is going to be helpful in moving our students forward.
I have shared the Google Slideshow and the Google Doc of interventions with everyone. However, I want to include the links below again for your reference.
Please continue to add your area of expertise in interventions and instructional strategies to our school intervention padlet page.
Here's the link again:
If you have any questions about what we covered today, please let me know. I'm happy to help!