WORD OF THE WEEK
ANALYZE ( ANALIZAR )
transitive verb \ˈa-nə-ˌlīz\
- to study (something) closely and carefully : to learn the nature and relationship of the parts of (something) by a close and careful examination
- to study the emotions and thoughts of (someone) by using psychoanalysis
FULL DEFINITION OF ANALYZE
EXAMPLES OF ANALYZE
- The data was recorded and analyzed by computer.
- We took the sample to be chemically analyzed by a lab.
- Researchers are busy analyzing the results of the study.
- The bacteria were analyzed under a powerful microscope.
- Manzano Teachers will analyze their Benchmark results with their students.
RELATED TO ANALYZE
Related Words: assess, diagnose, evaluate, examine, inspect, investigate, scrutinize; arrange, assort, catalog (or catalogue), categorize, classify, codify, diagram, enumerate, index, order, schematize, sort, tabulate; divide, reduce, segment, separate, subdivide