Friday, January 15, 2016
The Leader In Me at Oaktree
With the investment that Reid has made, we want to continue this great work here at Oaktree for the 2016-17 school year. We are in the process of beginning to raise funds so that Oaktree can join Reid as a The Leader in Me School. While this will be some work on our part, we are committed to finding a way.
Here are some ideas:
- Our first fundraiser is a simple Donor's Choose page. Any contribution is appreciated and it will all go toward TLIM training and fees. I have attached a link in this newsletter.
- Look for Oaktree family nights starting this spring, similar to what Reid is doing.
- If you know of a good fundraiser or fundraising source, please let us know.
I have had conversations with many of you around giving our kids the opportunity to learn the skills that they will need now and in the future. The Leader in Me fits that criteria because it helps kids become responsible for themselves and in turn help others through their leadership. We are excited to begin this journey!
January Schedule ***Updated***
- Monday January 18th is a teacher work day/NO SCHOOL for students
- Wednesday January 27th and Thursday January 28th are half days in AM/School starts at regular time and kids are dismissed at 12:10pm.
- Friday, January 29th is Record's Day/NO SCHOOL for students