RHS 22-23 School Year Information
August 1st, 2022
Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en el botón "Traducir" arriba o en el lado derecho de esta página.
Tarjumida Wargeyskan fadlan riix batoonka "Translate" kore ama dhinaca midig ee boggan.
لترجمة هذه النشرة الإخبارية ، يرجى النقر فوق الزر "ترجمة" أعلى أو على الجانب الأيمن من هذه
Dear RHS Students and Families -
Greetings from Rosemount High School! The start of the 2022-2023 school year is quickly approaching and we are thrilled to welcome back ALL students for the first day of school on Wednesday, August 31. The purpose of this communication is to provide important reminders for key dates, events, and other start of the year information. While this message contains a large amount of information and links, it is all-inclusive and should be referenced first when questions arise from students and families. Please visit the RHS website for updated information.
More than ever, we look forward to focusing on our work with students, establishing positive relationships, and helping and supporting them through the learning and growth process. We ask that our community come together to keep students at the center. Please assume positive intentions and a student focused approach when working with teachers, administrators, and other staff throughout the year. Students benefit from strong connections between school and home; we are better when working together!
Go Irish!! ☘️
First Day of School -- Wednesday, August 31
Grade 9 students report to the Main Gym to begin the day. After welcome program, students will:
- attend Advisory to review finalized Trimester 1 schedules
- attend all class periods while not mixing with returning students
- attend an all-class meeting and activity
- Busses will run the regular pick up schedule for 9th grade students.
Students in Grades 10-12 report by 11:10am
- Grade 10 students report to Student Center for lunch by 11:10 a.m.
- Grade 11 students report to the the Performing Arts Center (PAC) by 11:10 a.m.
- Grade 12 students report to the Main Gym by 11:10 a.m.
Grades 10-12 students attend class meetings, lunch and Advisory where they will review finalized Trimester 1 schedules.
- Grade 10-12 students should arrange their own transportation to get to school. There will be limited bus route pick up for 10-12 grade students that need transportation to school.
- Career Development students will not travel between schools on the first day of school. Travel to Career Development Classes will begin on Thursday, September 1st.
Current Middle School students who will be attending RHS will NOT report to RHS on the first day of school Wednesday, August 31st. We have an alternative schedule with special programming for our 9th grade students in the morning and 10th-12th grade students in the afternoon. Report directly to your middle school at their regular start time and they will provide you with instructions for the morning on the first day. Please attend RHS on the second day of school, Thursday, September 1st when we begin our regular 7 period schedule starting with Period 1 at 7:40am.
ALL students report by 7:40am on Thursday, September 1st and will attend all class periods.
Key Dates at a Glance
Building open for self-guided tours - August 15-16 from 7:00am-3:00pm
9th Grade Orientation - Monday, August 29 - 6:00-8:00pm
First Day of School - Wednesday, August 31 (9th grade only in the morning)
School Pictures – Thursday, September 1 - throughout the school day (make-up day - Oct 13)
No School for Students - Friday, September 2 and Monday, September 5
Parent/Guardian Orientation – Monday, September 19 - 5:45-8:15pm
Doors Open: 7:10 AM
Arrival of Buses at RHS: 7:25 AM (approx.)
Start of School: 7:40 AM
End of School: 2:30 PM
Doors Close: 3:00 PM
Before and After School/Visitors
- The building will be open at 7:10am. The school day ends at 2:30 and students must leave the building at that time (unless they are rostered in a cocurricular activity scheduled for that day or working directly with a teacher). Please plan your transportation to and from RHS to allow for these times.
- All visitors must have a scheduled appointment and check-in with Campus Security at the Main Entracne.
RHS Daily Schedule
Student Pictures on Thursday, September 1st, 2022
Picture day is on Thursday, September 1st. All 9th, 10th, and 11th graders should plan on getting their pictures taken. Seniors can have their pictures taken, if desired. Otherwise, seniors will be submitting senior photos throughout the fall (prior to December 1st).
- Go to https://mylifetouch.com
- Enter our RHS Picture Day ID is: EVTPJNRC7
- Set up your account and determine a photo package you wish to order.
Make-ups will be October 13th
District 196 iPad User Agreement and Protection Plan
Click on this link for trouble shooting issues with your iPad. If you are still having issues, please reach out to our RHS Tech Team (https://rhs.district196.org/academics/rhs-technology)
Breakfast and Lunch
The special funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture that provided student meals at no charge has expired. For the 2022-2023 school year, prices will be as follows:
- Elementary (PK-5) lunch is $2.50 and breakfast cost is $1.55 (breakfast is free for ALL kindergarten students).
- Middle School (6-8) lunch is $2.55 and breakfast is $1.60.
- High school (9-12) lunch is $2.65 and breakfast is $1.60.
- Adult lunch is $3.85 and adult breakfast is $2.05.
- A la carte items vary by price, second entrees are $3.00, and additional milk is $0.40.
All families are encouraged to complete an Educational Benefits Application, formerly the free and reduced-price meals application. Your student(s) may qualify! Applications for the 2022-23 school year are available.
This is the same form as the Educational Benefits Application (EBA). If you have already filled out the EBA, you do not need to complete this form.
When illness, emergency, excusable appointment, or substantial family need requires absence from school (all or part of the day), the student’s parent/guardian must REPORT ABSENCES ONLINE VIA OUR ROSEMOUNT HIGH SCHOOL HOME PAGE.
RHS and all other District 196 schools have “closed campuses.” Students are not permitted to leave campus. Please avoid scheduling appointments during school hours.
Leaving campus during lunch is strictly prohibited. Additionally, students may not have food ordered to the school or delivered to them during the school day. Any food deliveries will be kept in the security vestibule until the end of the school day.
Students are responsible for being on time to school. Late arrival by more than 5 minutes will result in an unexcused tardy. Tardiness due to oversleeping & transportation difficulties are not acceptable and will result in detention.
For students in the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades who would like a school locker for the 2022-2023 school year please complete the form below. 9th grade and students with special needs have already been assigned their own locker for the year and it appears on their schedule. If you fill out the form below, we will send your locker number and combination to the email you list.
How to Open Your Locker Video
Parking Information and Permits
Parking permits will be available for Seniors to purchase on August 17th in MyPaymentsPlus for $80.00 per Trimester. Parking permits for Juniors will be available starting August 24th. Sophomores will be available by lottery. In order to be a part of the lottery, students should see campus security. Parking permits will be available for purchase until sold out. All payments must be made through MyPaymentPlus, no cash or check will be accepted this trimester.
Effective Fall 2023, Students will be required to purchase permits for parking at the Rosemount Community Center for $20 per trimester. Permits will be purchased in MyPaymentsPlus, and there is a limited number of permits available. Students are expected to park in the designated area reserved for RHS.
Parking information can be found HERE.
RHS Supplies Guidelines
The faculty at Rosemount High School has prepared a general supplies guidelines for families. Every course has its own unique set of supply needs. Teachers will share specific needs with students on the first day of class.
Find supplies guidelines HERE.
District 196 uses a combination of robust systems to collect, manage and share information
with students and families. This keeps parents and guardians involved and actively
participating in their student’s education. See the information below for more information.
Students and families new to District 196:
- Login information will be sent via email from Rosemount High School in mid-August.
- For MyPaymentsPlus and PayPAMS (school lunches). Select Minnesota for our state and Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan ISD196 for our school district name.
Students and families continuing in District 196:
- Continue using existing login credentials for Campus, Schoology, MyPaymentsPlus, and PayPAMS (school lunches).
| || || |
- Student, family and emergency contact information
- Student schedules and attendance
- End-term grades and transcripts