March 13, 2020
Report Cards Out Today
Grades 2-8: parents will access an electronic version via ParentsWeb portal
Pirate Princess Dance - CANCELLED
CHANGE IN 2019-2020 SCHOOL CALENDAR!
Action Plan - COVID-19
BJAMS is in the process of finalizing plans for students in grades K-8, should it be recommended that we dismiss for a period of time. Directives for a school-wide dismissal will be determined by the Vermont Department of Health, the Agency of Education, and the Dioceses of Burlington.
We will be sharing a step-by-step guide for parents on how to access online learning through Google Classroom (via email and hardcopy in an envelope given out today at dismissal) and we began working with students today (and will continue next week) to familiarize them with how to use this online (and very user-friendly) tool.
Please be on the lookout for the distance learning envelope. Absent students' parents will receive the e-blast and homeroom teachers will email student email addresses and passwords (all other instructions are hyperlinked in the e-blast). The envelopes can be retrieved on Monday.
The Vermont Department of Health, Emergency Management, and the Agency of Education will continue to coordinate to alert every SD/SU and its schools about specific preparedness and response guidelines to follow in regards to any new developments in the spread of COVID-19.
Illness and Prevention - COVID-19
Many of the precautions that help prevent other respiratory diseases, also help keep an illness like COVID-19 from spreading:
• Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol content.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick - the VT Dept. of Health recommends maintaining a distance of 6 feet from sick individuals.
• Stay home (and keep your children home) when sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeve or a tissue and dispose of it in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The most up-to-date info on COVID-19, please visit the Vermont Department of Health website.
Croup confirmed in lower school
* fever * runny nose * cough * wheezing * ear pain * sore throat * irritability
* reduce fever using acetaminophen or ibuprofen - not aspirin
* drink lots of water/liquids to keep hydrated
* stay home from work or school and rest
*frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
* avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
* cover cough or sneeze with a tissue and dispose of it in the trash
For more information visit the CDC website or consult with your family doctor.
Kahoot at Stowe High School - cancelled
BeeJAMS Bee Club - Tomorrow - 9 am
Wear Green on Tues., March 17 for St. Patrick!
Honor Roll Assembly - March 20 at 8:05 am
Italian Dinner Take-out - March 20
Take-out only 3-5:30 pm
$8 sauce / $7 butter
The Art of BASH - important update
Girls' Lacrosse - check it out!
Yearbook production wrapping up!
Please give check to Mrs. Curran or drop it off at the main office. Cash will not be accepted.
A Message from the Business Office
Financial Aid Applications DUE MARCH 20
Be sure all supporting documents are uploaded with your application. You will need either your 2018 or 2019 1040 Federal tax return and your 2019 W-2's.
Follow this link to the BJAMS FACTS sign in page. Once you login, click on the FACTS Grant & Aid "start application" button. Only completed and verified applications will be considered for tuition assistance. Keep in mind FACTS takes approximately 2 weeks to process applications.
School Choice - Attention Parents of 8th Graders
See our previous week's Friday Notes for more details.
Parents in Morrisville and Elmore: Contact Sheila Jones at email@example.com if you do not receive your letter or if you have any questions.
Parents in other school districts: Contact your local public high school guidance dept.
Coming Up Next
Mar 14 - BeeJAMS Bee Club first meeting
Mar 20 - Honor Roll Assembly
Mar 20 - Italian Dinner Take-out
Mar 27 - NO After School Program - school is in session
Mar 30 - NO After School Program - school is in session
All Things Sports
Casting call - This could be your big break!
Follow this this link to the Lamoille County Players website for all the details.