Sacred Heart Catholic School News
November 21, 2022
Turkey Bingo Sponsors
Thank you to our Turkey Bingo gift card sponsors:
Protocol for school closing due to weather
Since we do not use Robbinsdale School buses this year, Sacred Heart Catholic School will make the call regarding closing school due to weather conditions. I will make the call based on what other schools are doing in our area. We will send out a text message and email to families as soon as the decision is made. If at all possible, we will make the call the night before.
I will also post on the news stations but there is a slight delay until it shows up on the scrolling screen and website. (WCCO, KSTP, or KARE 11)
Text messages on Educate
Parents may log into Educate and make changes by logging in, then click on your name in the upper right hand corner and it will take you to the demographic page. From there, you can make changes to your contact information and phone numbers. Please make sure your cell number is located in the "cell" field to receive text messages.
We only send text messages in emergency situations, such as school closing, early release, etc.
Poinsettia Pick-up-December 1
Poinsettias will be delivered to the church on Thursday, December 1. Please plan to pick up your plants between 12:00 and 3:00pm.
Gala 2023 February 10, 2023 Check out what is NEW at our gala this year!
New to the Gala this year:
- Discount code: From now until January 2nd you can use code earlybird to get $15 off your ticket at checkout. Tickets are $65 but with the early bird rate, you can purchase a ticket for $50.00! What a deal!
- VIP Tables: We are selling VIP tables this year. VIP tables will be a reserved table for 8 people near the stage. VIP perks; complimentary wine and water pours at dinner, sponsorship tables and VIP tables will be first in line for dinner hosted by Miltons.
- Teachers' Tickets: Please consider sponsoring a teachers' ticket with your purchase. Selling these tickets will help immensely with covering event costs, while enabling our teachers and staff to attend the event for free! Let's show the teachers how much we appreciate them. Teacher tickets will be $45.00.
Do you own a business or know of a business that may sponsor our gala?
We have sponsorship levels of $5000, $2500, $1000, and $500. The details are listed on our One Cause website under the Sponsorship Opportunities tab. Please contact Zach Fimon, Director of Advancement, or Karen Bursey, Principal, at email@example.com or call 763- 285-6256 for any questions or interest concerning sponsorships.
We need help with the following:
1. LIVE AUCTION ITEMS: Looking for cabins or condo, trip tickets, concert or golf tickets, Twins/Wild/Vikings tickets, hosting a dinner for a group of people, etc. Please contact Karen.
2. Sponsorships: We are looking for businesses to sponsor our event. We have a variety of levels of sponsorships. Maybe you own a business or your place of employment would sponsor our gala. Letters coming soon.
3. Silent Auction baskets: We will be releasing a list of silent auction baskets that you may donate to our auction. All baskets are due January 15th.
Sock Religious Fundraiser
Want to rock amazing Catholic clothing and support Sacred Heart's youth at the same time? Well you're in luck! Sacred Heart's Youth Ministry program will be selling Sock Religious gear now until the end of November. Simply click the link below, buy as many items as you want, then come pick them up at Sacred Heart once they arrive here. 50% of the sales will go directly to support Sacred Heart Youth Ministry. And the best part is everything should be here in time for Christmas!
If you have any questions, you can send them to Matt Kruc at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for all your support!
Christmas Programs in December
1. 3 and 4 year old Pre K: Thursday, December 15th at 5:15 pm.
The 3 and 4/5 PreK students have their program the same night as K-8 but it will be at 5:15 pm. Please arrive at 5:00 pm. We will sing songs and everyone may stay for pizza, beverages and/or cookies. Watch for an invitation. Then families may choose to attend the K-8 program at 6:15 pm in the gym.
2. Grades 1, 3, 5, and 7: Thursday, December 15th 6:15 pm.
The Sacred Heart Christmas production of "Babes in Toyland" is fast approaching! Grades 1,3,5, and 7 are performing for the school at 12:20 and for family and friends at 6:15 on Thursday, December 15. Please have the seventh graders be at school that night at 5:15 with costumes ready to go so we can practice any last minute things. Grades 1,3,and 5 should arrive by 6:00 to meet their teachers in the Marion rooms. All involved have been working really hard, looking forward to it!
3. Band/Orchestra Concert-Tuesday, December 6 at 6:30 pm. Join us for a night of beautiful music by our band and orchestra students. It will definitely put you in the Christmas mood.
Santa's Workshop: December 8-9
Volunteers Needed:Santa’s Workshop is December 8th and 9th and Santa’s elves are needed to help students shop, wrap gifts, and collect money. 5 volunteers are needed for each morning and afternoon shifts on both days, please sign up to help in person or to send refreshments for Santa’s elves.
What is Santa’s Workshop?
Santa’s Workshop provides students Pre-K 3 through 8th grade the opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts for their loved ones. Each family will receive an envelope with gift tags to help their student create a shopping list by filling the gift tags out. You’ll return the envelop with money and the gift tags for your student to shop. Gifts range between $1 and $8 and students will be helped to stay within their budget. We want all students who want to participate to be able to do so, so a Saint Nicholas fund is established to help all students participate. Envelopes will be sent home after Thanksgiving.
Where do the funds go?
Santa’s Workshop is PTC’s biggest fundraiser. All funds raised go directly back in to the school to support student activities and treats and teacher appreciation gifts and meals, among many other PTC initiatives. We appreciate the continued support for this wonderful event!
December 2 Report cards available online
December 3 Sacred Heart Tree Lighting following 4 pm Mass
December 6 Band/Orchestra Concert 12:45 pm/6:30 pm
December 8 Immaculate Conception Mass 8:00 a.m.
December 8-9 Santa's Workshop
December 9 School Penance Service 10-11 am. Grades 3-8
December 15 Christmas Program 6:15 pm
December 20 All-school caroling at end of day
December 21-January 3 Christmas Break
Our 6th grade families went to Feed My Starving Children for a Service Project
Aim Higher Scholarship Application Open---2023-2024 School Year
1. Create an account or login to an existing one.
2. Begin filling in the application.
3. Near the end, add your child(ren)'s name when it asks if you'd like to be considered for the Aim Higher Foundation scholarship(s).
4. Submit the application.
Fliers attached at the bottom of the the newsletter (English and Spanish)
Join us on January 15th for Family Movie Night--There is no school on Jan. 16th!
School Volunteer Opportunities ready on SignUp
Join our PTC group
Garden Club for SHCS
School SignUp Link-
Do you want to volunteer in the classroom? Parents must complete the Essential 3
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis requires the Essential 3 for volunteers who work with students in Catholic schools or parishes. All employees must also complete the Essential 3. ****Cell phones do not work well for Essential 3 and you will receive an error message. Please use a computer.
You may complete all three requirements online at www.virtusonline.org
1. Log in to create your account and watch the Virtus awareness session online. Every 3 years, a new video will be assigned to your account.
2. Successfully complete a background check.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct.
****The Archdiocese requires all volunteers to renew the Essential 3 requirements every 3 years. You will receive an email message when your account is up for renewal.
Box Tops---Help us earn extra cash
The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state of the art technology to scan your store receipt. Find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to our school's earnings. We earn 10 cents for each Box Top along with Bonus points. Simply scan your receipt on your phone and Sacred Heart earns money.
Find the Box Tops for Education app and search for Sacred Heart by our zip code---55422.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Mission Statement
Sacred Heart Catholic School is committed to instilling high moral standards rooted in Catholic teachings. We are dedicated to educating the whole child through an integrated C-STEM curriculum. In collaboration with our families, parish, and local community, we maximize individual potential to ensure students are prepared to meet the challenges in the world as disciples of Jesus.