Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - October 11, 2020
Thank you to the following families for attending our Principal Chat on Saturday, October 10th.
- Ms. Hunt
- Ms. Jackson
- Ms. Faulks-Brown
Our next Principal Chat will be on November 14th at 10:00. The link is below. We look forward to hearing from more families. Remember, your voice matters!
HCPS Student Household Questionnaire
Follow Us on Social Media
Parent to Parent Tech Support
Read below for a message from our interim PTA President, Ms. Faulks-Brown
The PTA strives to:
1. Engage parents and teachers to collaborate arounds our children's need
2. Supplement school resources and current initiatives
3. Build healthy relationships between school and the surrounding community
We are currently seeking a PTA President. Come work with a dedicated board who is here to support a leader with a passion to serve. If you are interested in the role of PTA president, please email email@example.com.
The PTA President's Role:
1. Preside over all meetings
2. Coordinate special committees with all officers
3. Help plan the yearly budget
Join the PTA by clicking on the link below or scan the QR code in the top right corner of this section of the newsletter. Membership is only $5.00 per year.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Kids Challenge Virtual Edition
- November 3 - School is closed
- November 13 - School is closed
- November 14 10:00 AM - Monthly Principal Chat - Each month I will host a discussion with parents to answer questions and hear your concerns & ideas. The link is below.
Future Student Work Packet Distribution Dates:
If you are unable to get a packet, you can also print a copy of the packet from our Laburnum Virtual Learning website. Click on your child's grade level at the top of the site to locate the work packet.
Resources for Families to Support Virtual Learning
- Laburnum Virtual Learning Website - During virtual learning, you can click on this website for information.
- Digital Learning Quick Guide
- Digital Learning Information for Elementary School Families
- HCPS Mission Forward 2020-21 Learning Plan: A Handbook for Families - A guide to help families understand and visualize what virtual learning will look like.
- HCPS Student Virtual Learning Support - This information is also linked to our Laburnum Virtual Learning website homepage
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-328-5207. Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact email@example.com. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
If you or someone you know needs to enroll a student, you will need to call to schedule a registration appointment. All registrations will be by appointment ONLY. The school number is (804) 228-2720.
Additionally, if you need to update your contact information such as address, phone number, or email, please call us to let us know.
Breakfast & Lunch
If you choose to come 7 AM - 9 AM, students will receive a hot breakfast and cold lunch for the same day. If you come 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM, students will receive a hot lunch and cold breakfast for the following morning.
The county is also providing meal distribution by bus.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: On Mondays, buses will distribute meals for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesdays, breakfasts and lunches will be distributed for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as well as Monday breakfast.
- Buses will make 30-minute stops at each location, between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Laburnum has two stops:
Brookhill Road and Crenshaw Ave.
Delmont St. and Engleside Drive