2014 BMN Cover Art Contest
Here's an easy resolution to make
The Kentucky Music Educators Association is seeking cover art from Kentucky students who are currently enrolled in a music class or music ensemble in grades K–12, for their publication in the Bluegrass Music News. The professional journal is sent to all KMEA members, college and university libraries in Kentucky, and leaders in the music education profession nationwide.
The top three winners’ artwork will appear on the KMEA website for the balance of the 2013–2014 school year. The first place winner will receive a personal framed copy of the issue that features their artwork. All entries will be displayed in a gallery setting at the KMEA Professional Development Conference in Louisville.
Official Rules & Submission Deadline
Thursday, May 1st 2014 at 11:45pm
KMEA P. O. Box 1058 Richmond, Kentucky 40476-1058
Official Rules For The Journal Cover Art Contest
1. Any student in grades K–12 in any public or private school in Kentucky, who is currently enrolled in a music class or musical ensemble, is eligible to submit ONE entry by May 1, 2014.
2. All entries must reflect the theme “Music Lasts A Lifetime.”
3. The maximum size of the design should be 11 X 14 inches. The actual cover art will be reduced to 5 1⁄2 X 7 inches to fit below the masthead. All artwork must be Portrait oriented, landscape oriented artwork will not be accepted. Please send all artwork appropriately mounted on mat board so it can be displayed, to:
Kentucky Music Educators Association P. O. Box 1058
Richmond, Kentucky 40476-1058
4. The entry should be multi-color on white or off-white unlined paper.
5. Any art media such tempera paint or markers may be used. Crayons, chalk, or colored pencils are discouraged as they may not show up well for reproduction.
All entries will be assigned a number and judged on:
a. Carrying out the theme
b. Effective use of color
d. Craftsmanship, clarity, and neatness
The First, Second, and Third Place Winners will be
selected by an independent panel of judges.
Winners will be notified by July 15, 2014 .
No artwork will be returned.
10. All artwork must be accompanied by an Entry Form found on the next page, containing all necessary contact information, signatures of the parent/legal guardian, music teacher, and art teacher. These signatures also grant the Kentucky Music Educators Association the right to use the winner’s name, entry, and photograph for publicity purposes.
11. By entering the contest, entrants accept and agree to these rules and the decision of the judges. The decision of the judges shall be final.
Send questions to George Boulden, email@example.com