Tiger Tales Parent News Oct. 2015
News For & About Raymore Elementary & Early Childhood
Let Me Run
Our fourth grade "Let Me Run" boys have been practicing for their end of the season 5K run on Nov. 15. Thank you to Mrs. Beck and the coaches for working with such a great group of boys!
Enjoying Our Learning Garden
Ms. Mason's second grade class enjoyed our Learning Garden while listening to a Magic Treehouse book. Thank you to our partners at First Baptist Church for cleaning up and maintaining our Learning Garden!
Pumpkin Patch Fun
Kindergarten had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch!
Let Me Run
Enjoying Our Learning Garden
It's hard to believe we have completed our first quarter of school together! Thank you for partnering with us not only during Parent Teacher Conferences but with us every day to help support your child's success. It truly takes a village!
We are excited to announce that our school earned full accreditation and 100% of the points on our state annual performance report (APR)! This is the third year in a row our school has earned 100%. That is testimony to the amazing teachers, parents, and kids we have here. Way to go!
On Friday our K-4 students enjoyed our first 7 Habits assembly recognizing the habit "Be Proactive". Our fourth grade leaders did a wonderful job at facilitating the entire assembly including providing a skit on being proactive. The assembly also included some fun "Minute to Win It" games with teachers. This month we were also happy to host our first "Transportation Station" for our Early Childhood families. This was a HUGE success! Families enjoyed visiting the fire truck, bulldozer, book mobile, and many other transportation vehicles.
We look forward to seeing our families at our third grade Veteran's Day performance on Nov. 9 and our annual Thanksgiving Dinner on Nov. 11. Don't forget to visit the Book Fair during this time as well.
Thank you for your help and support with our Fall parties and PTA Cookie Dough Fundraiser. As always, please feel free to call us if you ever have a concern or question. We are happy to help.
Jennika Miller, Principal
Melissa Lucas, Assistant Principal
School Culture Survey
Learning Abounds in our EC Classrooms & Beyond! Transportation Station Night
Great Score on District Annual Performance Report
The District is pleased to announce a 98.6 percent score on its Annual Performance Report (APR) from the state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The report includes student achievement data, graduation rates, attendance rates, and college and career readiness indicators. The District received 138 out of 140 total points possible on the APR. This is an increase from the 96.1 percent earned in 2014 and the 93.2 percent achieved in 2013. http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1251
Have you checked your child's progress report in Teacher Ease?
As you know, your child’s teacher communicates your child’s progress regularly through the TeacherEase portal, which is our online program that allows you to check your child's scores anytime. The First Quarter Student Progress Report (“report card”) is also available for your viewing within the system. This report reflects a snapshot of your child's current progress at this time. After listening to parent feedback last year, TeacherEase will now reflect a separate Student Progress Report for each quarter instead of updating the same report all year long. For directions on how to login to TeacherEase, click HERE . To locate this quarter's Progress Report within TeacherEase, select “Academics” from the top menu, and then select “Report Card.”
It is helpful to keep in mind that learning targets often reflect end-of-year goals, and that learning is a progression. Our teachers often work on the same target throughout multiple units during the year, and therefore, it is not uncommon to see 1s or 2s at the end of first quarter.
If you ever have any questions about your child's progress, including what you view in TeacherEase, we encourage you to always reach out to your child's teacher. They are always helpful in clarifying more about your child's progress and goals to learn and be the best they can be!
Thanksgiving Dinner - Nov. 11
Our annual school Thanksgiving Dinner will be held Nov. 11. The last day to make reservations was last Tuesday, Oct. 27. Meals must be prepaid. Classroom lunch times differ on this day. Please check with your child’s teacher for the time or check our school website for the schedule http://raymoretigers.weebly.com. Our Book Fair will be open during this time as well and parents will have the option to shop with students after eating Thanksgiving Dinner. Due to the amount of people on site, altered lunch schedules, and keeping interruption to learning to a minimal, we do ask that parents eat with each child at the child’s designated lunch time. We will not be able to remove siblings from class to eat with other siblings. We appreciate your support in following this procedure. Don’t forget to bring your ID when signing in on this day. We are looking forward to our school families enjoying this special tradition!
Click here for helpful info about standards-referenced approach to assessment & grading in RP
C.A.N. Needs Your Help!
Visit our weekly menu site and donate anything on it! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090E48ABAC2FAA8-caring
Calling all other labels & Boxtops!
3- Fall Picture Retake/Make Up Day
5- Zoom Game Truck for fundraiser winners- @6-8 PM
6-11 - Book Fair
9-Gr3 Veteran's Day Musical Tribute @ 6:30PM
11-Thanksgiving Dinner (see your child's designated time)
12-Early Release @ 1:15 PM (Elem); Note: EC students not in session
13-No School; Staff Development
25-27 No School Happy Thanksgiving!
Friendly School Reminders & Opportunities
- For security of all kids and staff, please be prepared to present your State ID/Driver's License at the front desk. Office staff will sign in all visitors and provide a badge to be worn visibly at all times. Please be sure to check out at the office before leaving.
- I.D.: Please be prepared to show ID anytime you are visiting our school or picking up a child. If we do not recognize you (and we try hard!), this measure ensures your child's safety and that of our school. Thank you for your support.
- We will continue to practice regular drills/procedures through out the year in classrooms and as a school for a variety of emergencies including fire/evacuation, tornado/shelter, and more. This year our staff was more extensively trained by professionals in what to do in the case of a violent intruder. Thanks to our district's leadership, we are even better equipped with the most effective strategies to protect and prevent our children in the case of a variety of emergencies.
- All cars join our north car rider line. Please remain in vehicles and ensure your child enters on the curbside of the car.
- Early Childhood sessions M, T, W, and Th are 8-11 & 11:45-2:45. Students are not in session Friday.
- Elementary Student arrival & breakfast begins at 8:25 AM. The tardy bell is 8:45 AM. Dismissal begins at 3:45.
- All students who walk/bike to school on their own should wait for Mrs. Wratney our crossing guard for assistance to cross Madison or our parking lot.
- "Grab & Go" Breakfast is available for purchase by ALL kids & they enjoy in class as they begin their day. Hot breakfast can be chosen from 8:25-8:35 and then eaten in the cafe as well.