October 11, 2019
Date's to Remember
- October 14 - School Board Meeting, 7 pm
- October 15 - College and Career Fair, 9:30-11 am (11th & 12th grade)
- October 18 - End of First Marking Period
- October 21 - No School, Staff Professional Development
- October 23 - Sr High National Honor Society Induction Ceremony, 7 pm
- October 25 - CC Jr. -Sr. High Picture retakes
- October 27 - Trunk Or Treat at Columbia Central Jr-Sr High School, 3-5 pm
- October 30 - CCHS Blood Drive
- November 1 - Half Day
- November 11 - District-Wide Veteran's Day Assembly, CCHS, 9:30 am
- November 17 - End of Elementary Trimester
- November 22-24 - CCHS Fall Musical, "Emma A Pop Musical!"
- November 27-29 - Thanksgiving Break
Updated School Calendar! November 1st has been changed to a half day!
October is College Application Month for Seniors!
Students will work on college applications this month in their Senior Transitions class, with Mrs. Diefenthaler, and with Mary Stanley, College and Career Navigator.
In addition, the FAFSA Application has now opened. Students will work on their FAFSA applications throughout the month.
FAFSA ASSISTANCE AT THE COLLEGE AND CAREER ACCESS CENTER
Saturday, October 19, 10 AM-8 PM
Jackson Crossing Mall
Join the center for food, prizes, and free assistance to complete the FAFSA.
PRESCHOOL 3YR/4YR OPENINGS & Latchkey
Latchkey is a before and after school childcare program located in Columbia Elementary School. Children in Kindergarten to 5th grade can attend this program from 6:30 a.m. - 7:50 a.m. ($8) and from 2:55-5:00 p.m. ($8) or 2:55-6:00 p.m. ($10). There is an annual, non-refundable $30 registration fee per family to guarantee a spot. A child must be pre-registered before using the Latchkey program.
Please contact Terri McLaury @517-592-9753 or email Terri.McLaury@myeagles.org for more information.
Bus Drivers Wanted!
Join the Columbia School District staff! Become a transportation employee!! We love our bus drivers!!
- October 11 - Football, away vs. Dundee
- October 12 - Volleyball, Western Invitational
- October 15 - Volleyball, home vs. Hudson
- October 18 - Football, away vs. Hillsdale
- October 19 - Cross Country, LCAA @ Hidden Lake Gardens
- October 22 - Volleyball, away vs. Hillsdale
- October 25 - Football, home vs. Hudson
- October 25 - Cross Country, Regionals @ Ella Sharp
- October 29 - Volleyball, LCAA Meet
Fun learning Apps!
Who Am I - Animal
Clues to guess animals.
Kids World Atlas Game
Geography games using animals on world maps.
Dragon Shapes Geometry Challenge
Problem-solving based on geometry.
Please join us for our community Veterans Day Assembly-November 11, 9 AM
In addition, the Key Club is providing community members with the opportunity to purchase a flag that will be displayed in front of the school in honor of any member of the armed forces. The form attached provides important details. Please contact any building office with questions.