IV Live Feed
Latest Updates on all things IV
Welcome to Beautiful Indian Valley School!
- August 9- Kindergarten Back to School Night 6-7pm
- August 10- Kindergarten Sneak Peek 2-3pm
- August 10- First Grade Sneak Peek- 3-4 pm
- August 10- New Families Play Date grades 2-5 - 5-6pm
- August 11- Parent Coffee- on basketball courts- right after kids head to class (9:00am)
- August 20 Back to School Event- "Pizza, Popsicles, and the PTO"
- August 26 Back to School Night
- Sept. 2- PTO Meeting- In Person and via zoom
- Sept. 6- Labor Day Holiday- No School
WCSD Instructional Calendar- Including Holidays, Minimum Days and Grading Periods
Welcome Back to School IV!
Our Hawk Happenings Newsletter is sent on Wednesdays. Bookmark this website to stay up to date on what's going on at IV
We are eager to welcome all of our students back to school in person on August 11, 2021 when all WCSD schools will return to pre pandemic schedules (5 full days a week).
Please ensure that all email and phone contacts are updated and entered correctly so that all future email or text communications can reach you. See below for some updated information as well as the most recent community letter from our superintendent, Marie Morgan.
BACK TO SCHOOL INFO
- The first day of school is a late start Wednesday. School starts at 8:55. Kindergarteners will go straight to their classrooms. Grades 1-5 will line up on the blacktop of the main playground (before school recess is 8:40-8:55). Teachers will meet students at their class line and walk them to class.
- Class Placements will be available to view on Aeries on Monday. You will also receive a personal welcome letter from your child's teacher on Monday.
- New Families Play Date- details coming soon.
- Parents/Family- join us at 9:05 on the basketball courts for coffee on the first day of school. Reconnect with families, meet new IV families and get your caffeine boost for the day.
- School Supplies are provided by the school. Bring your backpack, water bottle and a snack for recess.
- School Lunches are free this school year. Check the Food Services Website to see what's on the menu. You are welcome to bring a lunch from home if you prefer. Please refrain from sending peanut products.
- Mark your calendars for the evening of August 20 for our Back to School Event- "Pizza, Popsicles and PTO."
- Wellness Program coming to IV. Click on the button below to learn more about it!
August 2, 2021
Dear Walnut Creek School District Families,
There are only nine more days until we begin a new school year. We are all excited to welcome you back and hear all about your summer adventures. It has been a long time since we have all been together in person. Personally, I am excited to reconnect with you and experience the hustle and bustle of the beginning of a new year on our school campuses. I plan to spend a significant amount of time in classrooms this year as I missed interacting with our students and staff in person.
We have been busy preparing for your return, making sure our learning environments are ready for staff and students. WCI has gone through a MAJOR transformation this summer and the results are incredible. We have also completed Phase I of our elementary classroom redesign. 5th grade students will see new furniture in their classrooms which will provide students with a flexible learning experience. We are so grateful to our Walnut Creek community for supporting Measure D which has allowed us to modernize our school facilities.
Below are a few updates that will help prepare you for a successful return to school. You can also expect to hear from your school principals in the coming week with specific information about your school.
WCSD Health & Safety Plan
On July 12, 2021, California Department of Public Health released guidance for K-12 Schools in California for the 2021-22 school year. This document will serve as a tool to communicate the health and safety mitigation strategies for our district. It is essential that we adhere to all of these measures aligned to the requirements and recommendations set forth by the California Department of Public Health to ensure a successful school year.
Public Health Guidance Regarding Masking in Schools
WCSD will adhere to the masking requirement set forth by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). All students and staff will be required to wear face coverings while indoors on a school campus regardless of vaccination status, when in-person learning resumes on August 11th. The only exception will be for students who have a medical exemption filed with the District. Very few students will be exempted, but those who are must submit all the appropriate medical exemption documentation. Students who do not wear masks will not be allowed on campus. For those who wish to explore an independent study option, please fill out the request for information form which is located on our district website and a district administrator will contact you to discuss available options. We will continue to monitor the guidance from both state and local agencies, and communicate any changes that impact our district.
Data Confirmation Process
This year the data confirmation process will be completed online only. The data confirmation window opened on July 21st and will remain open through August 6th. Please be sure to complete the data confirmation process prior to the first day of school. Here is additional information to help guide you through the process.
The WCSD Connection
This year we will be launching The WCSD Connection, our district newsletter. We plan to send 4 editions (quarterly) to provide news, stories and articles that both inform and inspire our school community.
WCSD is committed to supporting the Emotional Wellness of our students. In June, the WCSD Governing Board adopted new WCSD Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Standards. Staff and teachers will be trained in the area of Social and Emotional Learning and a robust new Wellness Program is under development. Please stay tuned for more information in the coming months, including our Wellness Centers which will open at each school site soon!
School Bell Schedules
We are eager to return to full in-person instruction, for a traditional school day, including lunch and recess, five days a week on August 11th. Bell schedules for this year can be found on your school’s website.
School Lunch Program
Based on new legislation, ALL students can participate in our school lunch program and receive a free lunch each day. Our Food Services Department is currently working with our partners (some new and some favorites) to provide a quality school lunch each day. You can find menus on our district website next week.
Resources to Begin a Successful School Year!
Our school offices are now open and happy to answer any of your questions. We look forward to seeing all of you on August 11th!
Speaking to Your Children About COVID-19
As we continue to learn more about the spread of COVID-19, we know this can be overwhelming to our young children. We would like to share some resources that you can use to help your children better understand the situation. Navigating those conversations can be difficult. Below are some excellent resources to help facilitate these conversations with your children and reduce the level of fear.
County Department of Public Health continues to state that the most important step we can do to slow the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home if you are sick. We want to emphasize that this situation is fluid and is constantly evolving. Please visit our website for the most recent information.