Brandon Middle School
- February 16 - 7th Graders receive schedule cards
- February 17 - 8th Graders receive schedule cards
- February 18 - 7th Graders turn in schedule cards
- February 24 - BHS Exploration Night
- February 29 - 8th Graders visit BHS
- March 2 - 8th Graders turn in schedule cards
Remember, your child can receive high school credit in the 8th grade for taking the following: French 1, Spanish 1, Algebra 1
Scholastic Art Award Winners
Midwest Scholastic Writing Winners for Personal Essay/Memoir
Silver Key: Ella Miller
Honorable Mention: Noah Brinker, Abby Burman, Alyssa Burnicle, Bella Detavernier,
Riayn Hanson, MK Komeshak, Jessica Marlow, Emma Martin, Russell Rozenbaum, and McKenna Tolonen
If you have school supplies you can donate, please drop them off in the main office. We can definitely use them.
Mr. Bonk for making our Little Library!
BMS Spelling Bee Champs
After 38 challenging rounds, Leanna won with the winning word El Niño. The challenge word was ignominious.
How Awesome Are Our Students?
- Students wrote letters to soldiers who are overseas. A way to show our support and appreciation for the many soldiers away from home.
- Adopt-A-Kid. Our students/families/staff donated $900 to buy presents for children during the holidays.
- Blanket making. During our activity celebration in December, one activity was making blankets that were donated to Children's Hospital of Michigan. Our students made 40 tie blankets that day.
- Hugs for Sarah. BMS students headed up a district wide PJ Day for Sarah. BMS donated over $800 to the cause.
We still have several more charities we will be helping before the year is over and I want to say thank you to all the families as well for the support you have given and helping your child understand the importance of giving back in a variety of ways. This is what makes Brandon Schools and BMS such a special and awesome place to be every day. Also, thank you to Ms. Bandlow and our Students Leadership students. So much of this happens because of them. They give their time and energy into organizing these projects for all of us.
Washington D.C. Trip
It's not too early to start thinking about your son/daughter traveling to Washington D.C. as an 8th grader. The Clarkston Brandon Community Credit Union can set up an account similar to a Christmas Club, where money would be set aside for your son/daughter to travel to Washington D.C. as an 8th grader at Brandon Middle School. The cost each year is around $1,000, so starting your savings program now will help you when your son/daughter becomes an 8th grader.
For 7th grade parents, there will be a Parent Meeting about he 2017 Trip on March 22nd at 7:00 p.m. in the Small Group Assembly Room upstairs at the middle school. Students will come home with information that day about the trip.
All questions can be answered by Steve Hendershott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-627-1830 ext. 2304.