ORDER OF OPERATIONS !
BY: NAOMI AND AMIRA 4E 😄
Guaranteed to make you think!
If you want to learn about the Order of Operations this s'more has everything for you!
- Please ( )
- Excuse (^x)
- My (multiplication)
- Dear (division)
- Aunt (addition)
- Sally (subtraction)
We earlier said that this s'more has everything for you to learn the Order of Operations, well the text below shows everything this s'more includes.
- Good examples
- Step by step directions
- A short quiz to test you
- Step by step instructions on how to do the Order of Operations hopscotch
- An explanation on exponents
Look who you might be finding useful !
Need help? Well here are some examples to help you out!
6 (7x4) - 28
- 168-28= 140
( 32 / 8 ) x 4
- 32 / 8 = 4
- 4 x 4 = 16
Answer : 16
NEED HELP WITH EXPONENTS ?
Important exponent notes that you might want to read BEFORE TAKING THE QUIZ :
- While taking our quiz you will find a problem that has exponents and you will know when you see this: ^2 or ^3 so the little arrow mean to bring up the number so that it is like a little 2 or 3 hanging in the air
- If the exponent is a little 3 in the air that means to multiply the same number 3 times together, for example 2 ^ 3 = 2 x 2 x 2 = 8
- if the the exponent is a little 2 in the air you would multiply the number against it self, for example 5 ^ 2 = 5 x 5 = 10
- You can do the same process to any power you want so your exponent could be a little 100 ( which is not small ) and you would have to multiply the number a hundred times against it self
ORDER OF OPERATIONS HOPSCOTCH!!!
- Jump with your feet together and make your arms look like parentheses.
- Jump again with your feet together and put one arm up to look like superman flying.
- Next jump with your feet apart and say ( multiplication and division from left to right ).
- Lastly jump with your feet apart and say ( addition and subtraction from left to right ).