Community Outreach Programs
Sponsored by the School Counseling Department
The Eden Hall School Counselors have been working in collaboration with the PTO to provide community outreach programs for the 16-17 school year. The outreach programs are opportunities for students to understand "The Power of One". Eden Hall's school wide positive behavior program focuses on students exhibiting the attributes of PRIDE (Personal Growth, Resiliency, Innovation, Diverse Opportunities, Engagement). This is positively impacting each student as an individual and through these programs students can positively impact the school culture, local community, and the world.
Please review the following outreach programs scheduled for this year:
- Mix It Up At Lunch, October 25th - Students will sit at tables by their birth month in efforts to encourage students to move out of their comfort zones and connect with someone new over lunch.
- EHUE Food Fight Food Drive, November 7th - November 18th - Students compete by homerooms to collect non-perishable food items that will benefit local families in our community.
- Veteran's Day Spaghetti Dinner, November 10th at 6:00 p.m. - Families are invited to Eden Hall to dine and donate $5 which will help benefit Life Changing Service Dogs for Vets.
- Veteran's Day, November 11th - Local Veteran's will speak to all EHUE classes regarding their personal experiences.
- Children's Grief Awareness Day, November 17th - Students and staff will be encouraged to wear blue to help grieving children feel less alone and more supported.
- Stuff-a-Bus, starts November 21st - Students donate toys to provide holiday cheer to families in need.
- Career Day, December 9th - Students will be exposed to a variety of career opportunities available to them upon completion of high school or college. A. W. Beattie and parent presenters will visit Eden Hall on this day to speak to 5th and 6th grade students.
- Winter Clothing Drive, tentatively January 23rd - January 27th - Students will donate new or gently used clothes, jackets, gloves or hats that will be given to local families.
- Read to Feed, February 27th - March 3rd - Students will be sponsored by family and friends to read during Read Across America week. Funds will be donated to the Heifer International program to provide families around the world training and animal gifts to become self-reliant.