Kindergarten Sign Up
Starting kindergarten is an exciting time for you and your child and we want the sign-up process to go as smoothly as possible for your family.
Kindergarten sign-up has begun. Your child must be five years old on or before September 15 to be eligible. Find the information you need to start enrollment below.
WHAT DO I NEED?
Everyone is required to provide the following documents:*
- Birth certificate;
- Immunization records;
- Photo ID;
- Resident verification (may include, but not limited to: recent utility bill, current vehicle registration, recent DHS paperwork, signed lease agreement or notarized letter from your landlord.)
* All documentation must be received before sign-up can be completed.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
If you have a current DMPS elementary student and have a younger student that will begin kindergarten in the fall of 2021, please provide the documents to your current school to get signed up. You can email the documents to email@example.com or fax them to 515-323-8642. If you need to bring them in person, please call 515-242-8441 to make an appointment.
If you are a current DMPS preschool student, information will be sent home on how to get your student signed up. Please look for and follow the directions given in that letter to get signed up.
All other families, please contact the Welcome Center located at 1000 Porter Avenue, call 515-242-7371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll your student(s). This process may be completed in person, via email and phone call.
COVID-19 Special Instructions: All persons entering the Welcome Center will be required to wear a face mask while in the building, and physically distance themselves from others. Families are encouraged to send only one parent or guardian to register a student (the student does not need to be present). Please have all documentation ready at check in, and be prepared to return and wait in your vehicle until registration staff comes to get you.
Virtual Registration: Families who wish to register remotely should email email@example.com for further instructions.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon) and 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Families may call 515-242-7371 with any questions about the kindergarten sign-up process.
The safety of our students here at Samuelson is our top priority. Our pick-up and drop-off guidelines help to ensure that.
Per district policy, parents must remain in cars when dropping off and picking up their child(ren). The following procedures are in place at Samuelson:
1. Each grade level will enter the building through a different door.
· Kindergarten will enter through the northeast doors.
· First grade will enter through the middle east doors.
· Second grade will enter through the front southeast doors.
· Third grade will enter through the southwest front doors.
· Fourth grade will enter through the middle west doors.
· Fifth grade will enter through the northwest doors.
2. Staff will be present to direct students to the correct doors.
3. Students will exit their assigned doors for dismissal. Cars can pick up students via our access road. Again, you must remain in your car.
4. If you are meeting a student that walks home, you will need to have a meeting spot off school grounds.
5. Parents will not be allowed in the building unless they call and schedule an appointment first. If you have an appointment to enter the building, a mask must be worn.
6. Pick up/Drop off in the middle of the street on Bel Aire is dangerous and should never be done. Children can easily be hit by a car if they are dropped off or picked up in the middle of the street. If you are dropping off your child in a car, please enter on Lindlavista Way. You can drop off along the sidewalk at the side of the school. The area in front of Samuelson, along Bel-Aire Road, is reserved for buses and day care vans only. Stay on the right side of the road as you drive along Bel-Aire. For the safety of your children and other drivers, do not make U-turns in front of the school. This will help traffic move as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Students of the Week
Time: April 8th, 2021 5:30 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 747 5398 1980
Each year at our April meeting we nominate PTO board members to serve for the following year. If you are interested in a board position or would like to nominate someone for a board position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 8th - Virtual PTO Meeting