Brilliant Brains Bulletin - 4th
Current Studies and Explorations
Throughout November/December, they will continually be given "mind-gearing" challenges to apply their knowledge and test their problem solving skills. Students will share their struggles and successes through open peer dialogues & on-site problem solving discussions.
Students have done a tremendous job navigating their way through the first challenge to figure out ways to maneuver their robot throughout their first course. Students will be give 2 more challenging courses to complete throughout our robotic unit.
a message from Mrs. Redmon
I can't wait to see their ambition and drive during their robotic challenges coming up. Each students is being tested mentally through these challenges to promote higher order thinking skills. I am excited to see each student's programming skills at work during each challenge. Please always feel welcome to share any insights or experiences your child has gained throughout this unit.
If you ever have any questions or thoughts, please always feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov. 7th & Dec. 3rd: Walk with the Birds (general admission/all ages/ 7-9 am)
- Nov. 13th: Kids Night Out at the Swamp ($20/ages 7-12/ from 6-10pm)
- Nov. 14th: Cyanotypes: Where Art Meets Science (Contact BR Gallery for more info/ages 7-14/ from 1-3pm)
Highland Road Park Observatory:
-Every Friday & Saturday Nights: Evening Sky Viewings (Free/all ages/Fri.: 8:30-10pm/Sat. 7:30-10pm)
- Dec. 13th: Geminid Meteor Shower (9 pm to l am/date subject to change)
- Dec. 29-30th: Winter Rocket Camp ($55 for EBR Parish residents/ages 9-13/8 am-5pm/registration begins on Nov. 14th)
Baton Rouge Zoo:
- Nov. 28 - Dec. 30: Zoo Lights ($5 for adults or teens, $3 ages 2-12, & 1 & under free/5:30 -8:00 pm)
- Dec. 13th: Creole Christmas (Free to public/3-6 pm)
Rural Life Museum:
- Dec. 6th: A Rural Life Christmas (Free ages 10 & under/regular museum fee for adults/12:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
Hour of Code
To learn more, watch the video below and check out their website at https://hourofcode.com/us
Visit our class website (mrsrhodesbrilliantbrains.weebly.com) often to stay up to date with the latest communication from us! Parents, to protect our privacy, our website pages are password-protected. The password is "gifted215"
This newsletter may contain hyperlinks, videos, and other media. Don't forget that a digital copy of this newsletter is sent to you via email and is also available on our class website.