NG Issues in your Gradebook?
Let start by looking at category setup in your Gradebook.
Category Setup by Course/Section
Under the Teacher Menu, go to Maintain Teacher Gradebook Category
Under the Gradebook Course/Section tab, select a Course/Section
Locate the Category Names you want to use, i.e. Major, Non-Major or Homework.
- Next to each Category Name, you will be using to associate to the ‘weight’ of each Assignment, type a number weight. Weight should TOTAL 100.
- If you don't want to use a category, just have the weight set to "0".
- Please leave 'Scale Value" at 100.
Using the Same Categories over ALL Course/Sections
Go to the Copy Categories tab.
Under the first section header: Copy Categories From Course/Section select the Course/Section to copy FROM
Under the second section header: Copy To Course Sections click an individual course, then click the Add button. Or click on the Add All button.
Click Copy to complete copying Category setup to selected Course/Sections.
- Keep "Include Prior Year Course/Sections for Position" to No.
Categories and Assignments
Click on the Teacher Gradebook Assignment tab
When adding a New Assignment, select a category that carries weight which was setup under the Gradebook Course/Section tab.
- In this example, only two Categories can be selected: Non-Major or Major.
- The Due Date MUST fall before the end of the grading cycle. If the cycle ends on 10/13 and you have an assignment due on 10/15, it will not calculate it in the gradebook for that 6 weeks.
- Keep "Scale Value" at 100.