Treaty of Versailles
In our View
It's lamb time
The Treaty of Versailles was the peace settlement signed after World War One had ended in 1918 and in the shadow of the Russian Revolution and other events in Russia . The treaty was signed at the vast Versailles Palace near Paris - hence its title - between Germany and the Allies.
The quotes stated in the treaty were under four sub titles which made our people shocked of how much we had to do.
We had to give up :
- 13% of our land
- All of our overseas colonies
- And 6 million of our people now belonged to other countries like Poland
- We had to reduce the army to 100,000 men
- We had no subs, planes or tanks
- Our Navy were limited to 6 warships
- We had to pay the reparations of damage caused by the war, which was stated in the Treaty Of Versailles.This amount was £6,600 million. Most of our money went to France and Belgium
- Article 231 of the treaty stated that we were fully to blame for starting the war.