Jacket Nation News
The Home of ENDLESS Opportunities!
Week of January 11, 2021
Welcome back to 2021! As we begin a new semester please take time to review your success in the first semester. Were you a virtual learner and didn't do well? It's a good idea to reach out to your Assistant Principal and return to campus. Our goal is for ALL students to remain on track to their scheduled graduation date. While it may seem far way, losing half a year or a year's worth of credits makes it almost impossible to graduate on time. If you find yourself in this boat, get with your AP today to make a plan. We will also be reaching out to parents and students to make plans for those who need intervention now to be on track.
We are looking forward to all our students returning to campus on 1/13/2021 to kick off the new semester. Please be sure to check your schedule in Skyward as changed will occur.
We wanted to send a few reminders to support a successful return:
- If you traveled to Mexico, students must get tested within 3-5 after returning quarantine for 7 days. If you do not want to get tested, your student will need to quarantine for 14 days before returning to campus.
- All students are required to wear a mask over the mouth AND nose while on campus. It is important your student come prepared to meet this expectation every day.
- Our campus is routinely cleaned and fogged throughout the day. Additionally, all areas are cleaned and fogged each night.
- We use one way hallways throughout the building to help limit the spread.
- If your student is showing symptoms, has been tested, or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 please keep them home and notify the office immediately.
Campus Expectation Updates:
- All students should be in dress code every day. If a student is not in dress code they will either need to contact home for a change of clothes or spend the day in ISS. This includes having their ID on and visible at all times.
- Virtual students need to check in to their classes on their assigned class days. So I will follow my A Day schedule on an A Day and my B Day schedule on a B day. Doing this will support them staying on track and connecting with their teachers. All virtual teachers are available for Google Meets support when students get stuck or need assistance. Please email your teacher to schedule this as needed.
- If a student is not being successful at home we can and will require them to return to campus. Please be sure to monitor the success of your student if you wish for them to remain a virtual learner.
Yearbook orders are online this year! Check out the link to order today!
We need ALL the pictures! From school events and activities students participate in outside of school. Please, again, share this out and upload your own to this link to help us create a memorable book for this noteworthy year!