2017-2018 Parent Newsletter
November 10, 2017 - Issue #14
RUNNING OF THE VIKINGS WILL NOT TAKE PLACE TONIGHT DUE TO SENIOR NIGHT ACTIVITIES BEFORE THE VARSITY GAME
Fall Book Fair
- November 10th: 10am - 4:00pm
- November 13th - 17th: 7:30am - 4:00 pm
Thanksgiving Lunch - November 16th and 17th
Our annual Thanksgiving lunch will be held on November 16th and 17th.
Here is the schedule and lunch times for both days:
- Thursday, November 16th: PK (11:00); Kindergarten (11:00), 2nd (11:40)
- Friday, November 17th: PPCD (10:45); 1st (11:10) and 3rd (12:00)
Please call Veronica at 267-8300 X4500 before Thursday, November 16th to have your visitor’s badge pre-printed. You can also email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All visitors will still need to be buzzed in before entering the main building. Please plan on arriving earlier than your child’s lunch time, as parking is limited and there will be a line at the Raptor computer.
Thanksgiving Lunch Volunteers
In addition to seeing all of the wonderful families and students at LVES as they come through the line, you will receive a free lunch as a thank you for your time.
Project Vinatta Presentation
Lost and Found
Fall Festival Success
PTO would also like to thank the following sponsors for their contributions:
- Moonshine Tea
- Travis County ESD #1
- Trinity Anglican
- Rolling Hills Community Church
- Grace Fellowship Church
- Northlake Church
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church
Varsity Football Playoff Shirts
If you have any questions please contact Coach Phillips at email@example.com
Write The Check Fundraiser
Thank you to the following families/businesses for their contribution to the WRITE THE CHECK CAMPAIGN:
- Richardson Family
- Norman Family
- Dun Family
- Lassites Family
- Melendez Family
- Pence Family
- Fox Family
- Rodriguez Family
- Wesselman Family
- Gilbert Family
- Vaughn Family
- Emerie Custom Homes
- Smith Family
- Griffiths Family
- Lawless Family
- Everett Family
- St. Martin Family
- Gerwick Family
- Gonzales Family
- Preece Family
- Parsons Family
- Pennington Family
- Makowichuk Family
- Bailey Family
- Badger Family
- Fuess Family
- Tarlton Family
Yearbook orders are flying in! We have a limited supply this year. Click the link below to place your order quickly and at ease. Don’t delay or you may miss out this school year!
*CLICK: Order below*
School code: 13030118 OR enter Texas, Lago Vista.
Email your yearbook picture submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title. On a time crunch? Email the address above and we will provide a dropbox link to drop to the photos to. Another alternative is to text the photos, please email for phone number.
We are currently looking for the following pictures: Meet the teacher, 1st day of school, random school/lunch pictures, Pep Rallies, football/sport player classroom meeting, Running of the Vikings, Viking Spirit Friday's, college Wednesdays, crazy sock day, crazy hair day, neon day, pajama day, grandparents lunch, Watch DOG, upcoming photo opportunities: Fall festival, Red Ribbon week and pumpkin gallery walk. Keep us in mind through out the year when creating memories, send them our way! Thank you!
Any questions regarding yearbook should be sent to LVESyearbook@gmail.com
Watch DOGS of the Week
- Monday, November 13th: Daniel Thering
- Tuesday, November 14th: OPEN
- Wednesday, November 15th: OPEN
- Thursday, November 16th: Justin Parra
- Friday, November 17th: Jeff Rosprim
If you would like to be a Watch DOG at LVES, please contact Mr. Holt (email@example.com) for more information.
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Mrs. Ashley Williams - First Grade Teacher
1. Where are you from originally?
I grew up in Pittsburgh PA. Go Steelers!
2. What led you to become a teacher and how long have you been teaching?
After working in the corporate world, I decided to pursue my passion of working with children and what better way to do that than being a teacher! This is my 6th year of teaching.
3. Tell us about your family...
My husband's name is John and we live in Austin with our two sweet dogs, Maisy and Sissy Sue and two chickens.
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
I love to play golf and go fishing but I spend my most of my time right now studying.
5. What is your favorite type of snake? What's your favorite type of banana split?
Any snake in a picture but don't prefer to be anywhere near them in real life. :) I love all types of banana splits!
6. What is your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part of my job is getting to watch the students learn and grow. It is always fun to learn new things from them too!
Ms. Cathy Evans - ESL Coordinator
1. How long have you worked in Lago Vista and what did you do before you started at LVES?
This is my 17th year to teach in Lago Vista. Before moving to Lago Vista, I taught 4th grade in Amarillo, Texas for 13 years.
2. Where are you from originally?
I grew up in the Panhandle on a ranch in Texhoma; right on the border of Texas and Oklahoma
3. Tell us about your family...
My daughter, Angie, lives in Houston; and my son, Shawn, lives in Denver. Angie has 2 kids…Peyton is in 5th grade and Evan is in 1st grade. Shawn has a son, Theo, who is 3 years old. My daughter, Misty Inman, used to be the reading and dyslexia specialist in Lago Vista. Her son, Nathan, is in 8th grade at Cedar Park Middle School.
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
I love to cook and hang out with my family. We’re huge football fans! We also like going to our “happy” place in Rosemary Beach, Florida.
5. What is your favorite part of your job?
I love working with my ESL kids on every campus. I’ve known most of them since they were in PK.
Character Trait of the Month - Giving
- Do kind and thoughtful things for people in need;
- Put other people's needs before your own;
- Volunteer your time and resources for charity;
- Managing resources so that I can give and share them with those in need.
Students will learn more about Giving in Guidance with Mrs. Sexton!
Hello LVES Families! This month during our guidance class lessons, students will be learning about the character trait of Giving. People are giving when they do kind and thoughtful things for others. Children are understanding that people can be giving even without spending money, because giving kindness, compliments, or doing thoughtful things for others can mean so much to people, and make people very happy.
One local church has been very giving, and has collected donations to help our elementary students in need. I will have some gift certificates available for families that need help with purchasing Thanksgiving meals and groceries. If your family could use assistance with this, please let me know. You may call me at (512) 267-8300 ext. 4504, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly Attendance Goal
Weekly Attendance for week of November 9th:
- 96.23%- We did not meet our goal again this week, but we did increase by almost 2%! Remember attendance is taken daily at 9:50 am.
Grade Level Totals:
PPCD: 85% - 5% increase from last week
PK: 94.557% - 7% increase from last week
First Grade: 96.04%
Second Grade: 98% - Fantastic job - exceeded our weekly attendance goal!
Third Grade: 96.35%
LVES Front Office Hours
Lago Vista Elementary PTO Facebook
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Kimberly Latham-Whitehead, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
Bus Routes and Transportation:
Jay Powell, Director of Transportation
(512) 267-8300, ext. 1508
Mark Your Calendars...
- November 16th: Thanksgiving Lunch for PK, Kinder, 2nd Grades
- November 17th: Thanksgiving Lunch for PPCD, 1st, 3rd Grades
- November 20th-24th: THANKSGIVING BREAK
- December 6th: PTO Meeting; 5:00-6:00 pm in Community Room
- December 13th: Third Grade Field Trip to Nutcracker
- December 15th: Winter Holiday Parties - information and details will be coming home soon from Room Parents
- December 15th: Early Release at 11:30 am; No afternoon PPCD classes
- December 18th - January 2nd: Winter Holiday, No School