Transition Plus November 18th
If you stumble, make it part of the dance
Trouble Viewing your Memo?
If you are having trouble with a link - make sure you are using your MPS Google Account
For Student Parents:
· 6th annual Winter Warmth event hosted by Hawthorne Neighborhood Council & partners
· Farview Park Recreation Center- 621 N. 29th Avenue Minneapolis 55411
· December 7th at 3pm (no end time listed)- first come, first served
· Children must be present
· Coats, hats, scarves, gloves and mittens available
· More info here: http://www.hawthorneneighborhoodcouncil.org/2019/10/winter-warmth-3/
Staff incident reports can be reported two ways. You can send an email with the following info; student name, staff support, detailed description of incident, time, contact with family? Add anything else that you think would be beneficial for us to know or print this form and place in Bryan’s mailbox or give to him directly.
LAST CALL FOR THANK YOU NOTES!
- Alex Santos - Latino celebration - DJ, dance instructor, fun maker
- Darren Thompson - American Indian celebration - Flute player, 7 grandfather teachings table activity
- Hope Flanigan - American Indian Celebration - storyteller
- Allison Waukau - American Indian Celebration - button making activity
Walkie Talkie etiquette for the Nurses
In order to be considerate of the many students that we have in the bldg. and the complexity of medical needs.
- Consider the tone when asking for the nurse to come to your location. when you yell out nurse on the walkie we assume that their is an immediate medical emergency
such as a seizure, behavioral concern etc..
- Use the student's initials.
- In order to maintain the student's privacy, whenever possible have the student come to the health office for icepacks, observations or concerns.
- If an injury occurs while the student is here in the bldg., it must be documented by health office staff the day of the injury. (If it wasn't seen it didn't happen)
If it has occurred outside of school hours we can offer assistance but they should seek medical care with their guardian or parents.
- Non-emergency needs where the student can't be escorted to the health office please call 84071 or 45036
- We are currently in flu season we can't send student home unless three conditions exist temp is above 100. cough, and running nose.
- We should never diagnosis medical concerns for any student of MPS.
New Guidelines for Domain 4
Please see the 2019-20 SOEI Domain 4 Guidelines for details about Domain 4.
Last year, the Teacher Evaluation Labor Management Committee (TELMC) developed new guidelines for collecting evidence and scoring SOEI Domain 4.
In 2019-20, Domain 4 will be scored in alignment to the full observation year. All teachers who receive a full observation in 2019-20 (all probationary teachers and tenured teachers on their full observation cycle) will also have a Domain 4 conference with their primary observer.
A summary of the new Domain 4 guidelines:
All teachers and primary observers are encouraged to have conversations about SOEI Domain 4
Domain 4 will be officially scored on the same schedule as the full observation:
- Once a year for probationary teachers
- Once every 3 years for tenured teachers
- Both the teacher and the primary observer will provide evidence for all Domain 4 elements except three: 4Bi, 4Ci, and 4Cii
- Teachers and primary observers are encouraged to discuss the specific element levels in Domain 4 (exemplary, proficient, developing, requires attention), but the official scoring recorded in eCompass will be “evident (E)” or “not evident (NE)”
- The primary observer will schedule a Domain 4 conference with the teacher to discuss evidence and scores. The Domain 4 conference may, but is not required to, coincide with the post-conference for the full observation
Questions about Domain 4 Guidelines? Contact Emily R. Olson
Pennies for patients
Hey everyone, Devon from Leadership class here. We are happy to kick off our Pennies for Patients fundraiser. No cash on you? No problem, donate online!
How to donate online for Pennies for Patients
Step 1: Go to www.penniesforpatients.org
Step 2: Click on - Find School- and search for Transition Plus (Minneapolis,MN)
Step 3: Click on school
Step 4: Make your donation and thank you for your support!
The crew of our Pennies for Patients program would like to thank everyone who has donated to the fundraiser. As of 11/15/19 a total of $89.58 has been raised. These donations have come from cash donations in our collection boxes and from our online component. Again, a big thanks to all that have donated and this fundraiser will continue for several more weeks.
What Does Thanksgiving Mean to Native Americans? https://blog.nativehope.org/what-does-thanksgiving-mean-to-native-americans
For many Native Americans, the topic of Thanksgiving is a controversial one. Here’s a look at some of the reasons why Thanksgiving is a complex holiday, and one that all Americans should approach with greater sensitivity.
Work Based Learning
Hi Transition Plus! We have openings in the Scan Lab on Mondays/Wednesdays, 2nd and 5th hour. If you have a student who needs work experience, this is a great opportunity to get it in school. In Scan Lab, students digitize documents, photos, slides, and other media, as well as learn file management and do some minor adjustments to photos.
If you have students who would be interested in this opportunity, please contact Ben Rodriguez at Benjamin.Rodriguez@mpls.k12.mn.us.
- Please let the Traci or Melissa know if you have meetings on the day of the meeting. We can eliminate a phone call that may interrupt your class if we know what time the meeting is at. This would be really helpful to us. Thank you to those who are already doing this.
- If you know why a student is absent, please let the Melissa or Traci know. Case Managers, Social Workers, SEA's, A.E.'s, Job Coaches. Let's work together to ensure student attendance is correctly recorded when a student is absent.
Teachers, when entering an absence on AESOP, be sure to change the start time. For 1.0 onsite teachers, your time is 8:30-4:30. We do not want reserves arriving at 8:00.
Lost prep reporting, only when covering for a teacher whose AESOP request was not filled, has changed. For now, you will no longer need to enter on ESS. This could change back at a later notice. For now, Traci will be entering your lost prep on a spreadsheet that she will to submit to payroll.
CBI Important Reminders:
- Be sure to highlight the names of the students that are in attendance in your module.
- Provide the leader of the module with any medical plans for students on your caseload prior to leaving the building
- Any questions regarding student participation in a module can be discussed between Case Manager and Module Facilitor Thanks!
- Send any school bus requests and lesson plans to Colleen ASAP.
Thankful for the Staff at T Plus
To celebrate your greatness we will be having a non-alcoholic happy hour this
Wednesday from 3:30 - 5!
If you ride the buses come grab and go before you hit the road! We will have items for you take !
Come celebrate yourself and your colleagues!
Coming Up at TPlus
-----------------------------Team 1 Meeting------------8:30-9-------------Jeremiah's Room
-----------------------------Team 2/3 meeting---------8:30-9-------------Small Kitchen
----------------------------- Break off afterwards
Wednesday---------- Minneapolis College------ 8:00-9:00---- MC
----------------------------- Happy Hour -------------------3:30-5:00
Thursday--------------Site Council---------------------4:30- 6:00------Small Kitchen
Third Friday of the Month-------Newsletter Submissions for Families