Pelion Middle Learning Commons
Blowfish Baseball Reading Challenge
There is a lot more to the month of May than testing and final exams. Once again, students from Lexington District One will participate in the Blowfish Reading Challenge. Here is what you need to know:
1. The program will run from May 1-May 28 for Pelion Middle School.
2. Students will track their reading progress on a reading log that features a baseball diamond. As each student reads a book, he/she advances to a base. Once a student reads four books, they've hit a home run!
3. Prizes include two complimentary tickets to the game plus a free hotdog and drink.
4. Middle school night will be July 20. This is the date you will attend!
5. Teachers who bring in a school ID, will receive complimentary tickets to the game.
Book Trailer of the Month: Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz
Read Across America Week
What Else Did Students & Teachers Do in the Learning Commons during February/March?
-worked on digital content
-participated in 'appy hour' on staff development day
-learned about Vietnam through learning stations
-toured the LC (5th graders)
-learned how a Makey Makey works in the makerspace
At a Glance in the Learning Commons
- 32 class visits
- 1319 single student visits
- 1070 items checked out
- 4715 uses of Discovery Streaming
- 71 books were added the Learning Commons collection
Coming Soon. . .
The Blowfish Reading Challenge
Read for fun and read to attend a free baseball game!
Poem in My Pocket Day
Come to the Learning Commons to read your poem on April 21!
Spring Celebration of Learning
Poetry, artwork, and much more!
Mission and Vision
The Pelion Middle Learning Commons supports student achievement by serving as a center that is conducive to personalized learning, collaboration and creativity. As students develop new digital skills, discover their identity as a reader, and become self-directed, they become lifelong learners.