Be a good digital citizen by being safe online!
Digital citizen: Someone who is able to think critically about the ethica opportunities and challenges of the "digital world" and make safe, responsible, respectful choices.
Scams are things like when someone gets your information and first takes a few dollars of cash out of your account and when they realize they hadn't got caught they start making bigger cash deposits. Scamming is illegal and so is hacking. Some websites will hire hackers to learn how hackers work and make their sites more hacker proof.
What NOT To Do
- don't search inappropriate things
- don't post anything inappropriate- if you don't think your grandma would like it then don't do or post it- the GRANDMA rule
- do things online that you would be fine with after 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 years. The 2-2-2 rule.
- plagiarizing- copying or making changes to some or all of someone else's work and saying you created it.
- piracy- downloading or copying someone else's work in order to keep, sell, or give it away.
- copyright- a law that protects your control on the work you make so that people must get your permission before they copy, share, or perform.
- fair use- use of a small amount of work with out permission.
- license- a clear way to define the copyright of your work so people know how it can be used.
- harassing- bombarding someone with messages over digital media.
- deceiving- using fakes names, posing as someone else, or create a fake account/profile.
- flaming- saying mean things, usually in ALL CAPS, with the intention to humiliate.
- hate speech- a verbal attack targeting someone because of their race, gender, religion, ability, or sexual orientation.
Digital Footprint- a "trail" you make online as soon as you log on to your computer, made up of bits and pieces of information on one's computer and other computers and servers around the world.
Cited Information- https://plus.google.com/109204187413827854010/posts