Weekly Newsletter - August 26
"We don't have to do all of it alone. We were never meant to." Brene Brown
We are excited about the new school year and the service and opportunities that we can provide for our students, families, and educators. As the quote above states, please connect with others often. When we are together we are more powerful, happy, and effective. Have a great week!
Your Student Services Team
This year let’s work to apply our why with grace and mercy! Click below for Simon Sinek's "how to" on creating your why.
Positive and Connected Cultures
Building positive relationships from the very beginning is the key to success for all. Following are some strategies for success:
Welcome all students and staff every day
Positive phone calls home
Conduct surveys to get to know students
Implement circles and/or morning meetings
This is the time of year to make sure that students understand processes, expectations, and structures. Click below to get some quick tips on setting up highly effective and positive student cultures. PBIS for Beginners
Updates and Information
All the required ROCK Training PowerPoint have been posted to the Student Services Site under ROCK and training. All teacher, student, and staff training must be completed by Oct. 25, 2019. Click here to access all the pieces of training and the attestation.
Be sure you have signed up for all the AP meetings Eduphoria/Strive. Click here to find your assigned day and the links. Update the list, if needed.
Link to AP BOY Checklist - Just an FYI if you need to take a look at the list.
DAEP processes, hearing scripts, notices, and decisions have been updated on the Student Services site under Discipline. So please delete/discard the paperwork you used before and refer to the site.
Updated Disciplinary Guide is posted to the Student Services Site. Hard copies will be provided at the September AP meeting. Click here to access the updated info.
Click here to access the latest Assessment Newsletter
Refer to the Student Services Site for new Transportation personnel contacts, emails, and numbers.
- We have sent Crime Stoppers/Friends for Life all the updated contacts for this new school year. Please be sure to post the posters in your bathrooms, libraries, ISS, cafeteria, counselors office, and main hallways. If you need any additional materials (posters, cards, etc...) please contact Rachel Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org She will be happy to deliver them to you.
- August 28th - College Color Day
- August 30th - Complete Compliance Videos - Click here to access
- Sept. 2nd - Labor Day
- Sept. 4th and 5th - Required Assistant Principal Meetings 8:30-12:00 - Click here for meeting assignments: Optional AP Curriculum Work with C & I - 1:00-4:00. Click here for the working agenda for the day. It will be finalized the week of September 3rd.
- Sept. 9th or Oct. 7th 1:00- 4:00: Discipline Referral Do’s and Don’ts and Legal Department Orientation. This is required training for all new AP’s and is an optional training for existing AP’s. Both topics will be covered on September and October 7th. You only need to sign up for one-half day. So you may choose using one of the links here: Day 1 - Sept. 9 OR Day 2 - Oct. 7
- September 19th - Threat Assessment Training for all new AP's, Counselors, and SRO's. Click here for link to sign up
Professional Development for You!
Being a school administrator is tough. Baruti Kafele recently wrote a book that asks 50 vital questions all school administrators should ask themselves. His book helps motivate school leaders all across the country to help find a deeper understanding of the meaning behind our work. Throughout the school year, we will ask one of his questions and provide a place for reflection. Question 1 Do I lead with a definite purpose that drives everything I say and do? Click on the following link to give your input: https://groups.google.com/a/kellerisd.net/d/forum/kisd-aps
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105