BUENA VISTA ELEM SCHOOL NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ,,,,,,,,,,, WEEK OF 5/20/19
PAST WEEK & SHOUT OUTS!
- A shout out to our two students who were recognized by the Superintendent and his cabinet along with other students from other schools.
- A shout out to all our teachers and students for maintaining a positive testing environment. Our goal is always to do our best because we are Buena Vista.
- A shout out to all the parents who are supporting BV in various ways: in the classrooms, on the PTA executive board, chaperoning for field trips, helping with our gardens, and donating to our classrooms etc. Thank you.
- A shout out to all our parents who supported our students to make our twin day a success. We love our twins, triplets, and quintupelets etc. Thank you.
Parents should continue to help our students to catch up on reading goals at home. Read for a minimum of 30 minutes a day.
- APRIL 30TH - MAY 30TH CASSP TESTING 3RD - 6TH GRADE
- Thursday, May 23rd 2019 Parent - Teacher -Association (PTA) Meeting 6pm
- Thursday, May 23rd 2019 Open House 6:30pm-7:30pm
- Friday, May 24th 2019 Hero/Patriotic Day (Dress like your hero or wear Red, White, & Blue, or Camouflage.
- Monday, May 27th 2019 - Memorial Day - No School
- Friday, May 31st 2019 Donuts for Dad 7am-8am
- Wednesday June 5th 2019 Field Day 8:15am-12:15pm
SCHEDULE FOR NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR - 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR!
What does this mean for our parents and students?:
Regular Day School Schedule will be -
- School will begin at 8:05 AM every day.
- School will close at 2:15 PM every day.
Minimum day School Schedule will be -
- School will begin at 8:05 AM every minimum day
- School will end at 12:17 PM every minimum day.
- We will have a minimum day every Wednesday of the academic year except the last week of school.
- Our minimum day for the last week of school will be on the last day of school - Thursday, 06/04/2020.
Please stop by the office if you have any further questions on this matter. At Open house, on 5/23/19; and at all subsequent coffee with the principal, Dr. Kumi will be available to discuss any questions on this matter and other matters.