November 7, 2020
This Week is Student Photo Week
This year, all ordering and payment will be done online. Instructions will be sent the week before the scheduled days. We are planning to take the photos outside (weather permitting) or in the gym to ensure that the proper distancing guidelines are met.
Hybrid Learning Model students will have their photos taken with their class during regular school hours. Virtual Academy students will have their photos taken between 1:15pm and 2:30pm on their assigned day (see schedule below).
Tuesday, November 10th:
- Cohort A
- Cohort C
- Virtual Academy families whose last name begins with A - L (from 1:15pm - 2:30pm)
Thursday, November 12th:
- Cohort B
- Virtual Academy families whose last name begins with M - Z (from 1:15pm - 2:30pm)
This week, the PTO is hosting a Pie Sale to support Grade 5. Orders and payments may be submitted to the school office until Thursday, November 12th. Pickup is scheduled on Tuesday, November 24th from 1:00pm - 2:30pm at the school.
President: Kristina Peitzsch
Vice President: Patrice O'Keeffe
Treasurer: Rachelle Packard
Secretary: Andrea Hanley
Member-at-large: Tricia Avery
Enrichment Chair: Sharon Crispo
Our next meeting is Wednesday, January 6th at 7:00pm (remote link to follow).
SEL News: WPS Character Traits
- being accountable for our actions and behaviors
- doing the right thing at the right time so others can depend on you
- taking care of yourself, your property, and others
- know what your job is and do it to the best of your ability
- when you make a poor decision, (1) acknowledge it, (2) apologize for it, and (3) take steps to change it
Friday, November 13th is World Kindness Day. It's purpose is to help everyone understand that compassion for others is what binds us all together. Be kind to each other, yourself, and the world and remember to spread kindness (not germs)!
Woburn Parent Network: Parent Support Forum
Woburn Community Education Foundation
This year, the WCEF is sponsoring a Holiday Door Decorating Contest. Please consider participating and thank you for supporting the WCEF and Woburn Public Schools.
Health News from Nurse Doherty
As you know, Woburn is designated a Red community (average daily incidence rate is greater than 8 cases per 100,000 over the last two weeks) per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, which makes it extremely important to follow all CDC guidelines around COVID-19.
Keep vigilant with social distancing, wearing a mask in public, and hand washing.
Avoid crowded places.
Do not send your child into school sick. Contact the nurse for guidance in returning to school.
When calling in your child absent, please leave the reason for the absence. The nurse will follow up with any family who has a sick child.
If you travel out of state, please follow the Massachusetts guidelines. See https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order for detailed information. No student will be allowed into school until these guidelines have been fulfilled.
Please also remember that all students must be administered an influenza immunization by December 31st per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. Documentation of the immunization should be sent to the school nurse's office.
Grade 5 Instrumental Program
Goodyear Enrichment: Change is Simple
Hybrid Learning Model Schedule:
Wednesday, November 4th
Wednesday, December 9th
Wednesday, January 27th
Wednesday, March 24th
Friday, November 20th
Friday, February 5th
Friday, April 9th
Friday, June 4th
Support for Remote Learning
Remote learning can be challenging for students and families for different reasons. Mr. Dandrea has created a resource for families to address common issues that make remote learning difficult: Support for Remote Learning. Please contact the school if we can help in any way.
Remember these quick tips for remote learning classes:
- set up a work area with only the items you need for class
- keep any beverages or liquids away from your electronic devices
- know your schedule ahead of time so you don't feel rushed
- Tuesday, November 10th - Student Photos (Cohorts A & C / Virtual Academy A-L)
- Wednesday, November 11th - No School (Veterans Day)
- Thursday, November 12th - Student Photos (Cohort B / Virtual Academy M-Z)
- Friday, November 13th - World Kindness Day
- Wednesday, November 25th - Early Release Day (students' schedules do not change)
- Thursday, November 26th - No School (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 27th - No School (Thanksgiving)