Art City Eagles
September 27, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com.
The Art Festival/PTA Fundraiser Friday evening was so much fun! Thank you so much for supporting this event. It was a huge success. The chalk fight at the end was a blast!! I was scrubbing off blue chalk for 2 days! A big thank you to all the parents who volunteered and worked so hard. These types of events are what bring us all together and make Art City so amazing!
COVID information is below in this newsletter. If you haven't read through this information lately, please take a moment to do so.
PE this week: TK— management, beginner skills how to hold a ball and kick a ball. Game - What time is it Mr Fox. Kindergarten and 1st— Bean bag progression 2nd bean bag, Corn Hole variation using bean bags, hoops and poly dots. Game PAC Man to learn how to stay on the lines as they move around the room. 3rd-5th: Soccer Skills, Mini Soccer or plank tag. Mrs Murray’s classes will be doing parachute fitness and activities.
Music this week: K-2 Learn 4 White Horses Clapping Game 4-5th Handout Recorders
Computers this week: 1st and 2nd graders will play Teach Your Monster to Read, a program that allows the student to create a monster and help that monster with phonics and basic reading skills. This program is available on the computer, or can be downloaded to iPads and tablet devices at home as well. 3rd and 4th graders will practice their typing skills using Dance Mat Typing. Once they're proficient with that program, they'll move on to NitroType. The students will start with a basic car and earn new cars and abilities as they win typing races. 5th Graders will begin writing a story which they will plan to film with a group toward the end of October. We will begin writing our stories in Google Docs this week.
Library this week: The younger grades are reading a sweet book about how to handle an unruly pet. They also get to make and take their own monster after reading a story about a monster who just really wanted to dance! The older grades are learning all about the biography section of the library and enjoying a great picture book about Jane Goodall. They will also read the book Wumbers and try to form their own wumber sentences.
See picture below for the Reflections Theme for this year. Deadline is October 13. Scan the QR code or go to www.pta.org for rules and information. You can also email Paulette Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA General meeting
Oct. 6th @10 at Art City
T-Shirts on sale until October 1st
Oct. 5: Emergency Drill
Oct. 5: Student Council to attend conference at BYU
Oct. 6: PTA Meeting 10:00 at Art City
Oct. 8: Stand Strong Day
Oct. 13: 4th Grade field trip to This Is The Place
Oct. 13: Reflections Due
Oct. 14-15: Fall Break - No School
Oct. 18-21: Book Fair
Oct. 20: Picture re-take/make up day
Oct. 21: Parent Conferences
Oct. 22: No School Parent Conference Comp Day
Oct. 25-29: Olympic Safety Week (Red, Green, White Ribbon weeks recognized)
Oct. 29: Halloween Celebrated
November: Celebrating Gratitude Month
Nov. 3: PTA Arts Night at Springville Museum of Art - Free - More info coming
Nov. 4: Emergency Drill
Nov. 10: Art City to present at School Board Meeting
Nov. 17: BYU Basketball Day - Grades 1-5 attending BYU Women's Basketball game
Nov. 24-26: No School - Thanksgiving Break
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. You will either receive a letter or a google form to complete. The letter is a form letter, and will contain recommendations for students in that class. Be aware that letters are sent out to the entire class, not just to those students who are sitting by a positive test result like we did last year.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissed
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center