PCHS PARENT News
August 12, 2019
If You Missed Registration...
- Come to the office on Mon. 8/12, between 8:00 AM-3:00 PM or Wed. 8/14 between
11:00 AM-3:00 PM.
- If your registration paperwork was not completed in the spring, you will need to bring the paperwork with you or complete in the office.
- Proof of Residency, if not completed yet. (current utility bill)
- Make sure One2One Insurance is paid for online - Chromebooks will be distributed when school starts to those who have not picked it up.
- Money (cash or check) to pay Class Dues and Fees.
- Locker assignment if the student wishes to have a locker.
**Students will receive a temporary ID to use until they receive a new one from Lifetouch for this year. Lifetouch will be here on September 17 for retakes, students who missed registration, and new students to PCHS.
First Day of School BASH!
- All 10th, 11th and 12th graders will report to their P.L.T. first hour. (on your schedule it is "8th hour").
- All 9th graders report to the South Gym.
- At 11:35, 10th through 12th grades will return to their regular 5th-hour class/lunch.
- Freshmen will have lunch provided.
- "CLUB CARNIVAL" from 1:00-2:40 for ALL students.
*ALL STUDENTS can bring money for Kona Ice and Concessions.
**NO ONE NEEDS TO BRING BACKPACKS or CHROMEBOOKS UNTIL FRIDAY!
Electronic Smoking Devices added to Student Discipline Policy JG-R1
Back to School Night - August 20
Back to Schoool Night is Tuesday, August 20th from 6:00-7:30 PM
More information will come out soon.
Have you Opted In to Receive Texts?
School Messenger is our automated phone calling and text notification system. We use this system to notify parents quickly for sudden changes in schedules due to emergencies, cancellations, or just important school announcements.
If you aren't receiving the District's text reminders and notifications and would like to opt in to receive these, simply text "YES" to 67587. Standard text messaging rates apply.
Bullying and Safety Concerns
Safety is one of our district’s top priorities and to help safeguard our school community, our district is now using SafeSchools Alert, a tip reporting service that allows students, staff, and parents to submit safety concerns to our administration.
You and your child can easily report tips on bullying, harassment, or any safety issue you're concerned about through SafeSchools Alert.
Every tip SafeSchools Alert receives about our district is immediately logged in the system and our administration is notified so that they can investigate and take appropriate action. And, tips may also be submitted anonymously if you prefer.
Together, using SafeSchools Alert, we can make our district a safer place to learn!
Click the link below to submit a tip or concern.
Mark Your Calendar
13 - Offices closed for District Meetings
14 - Offices closes from 8-10 AM for training
15 - First Day of School
20 - Back to School Night, 6:00-7:30 pm
30 - NO SCHOOL, District Inservice
30 - First Home Football game
Upcoming Community Events
Thank you to our Pirates ROCK Star business partners!
Platte County High School
- Dr. Chad Sayre, Principal
- Shari Waters, Assistant Principal
- Matt Messick, Assistant Principal
- Dr. Stephanie Theis, Assistant Principal
- Phil Dorman, Activities Director