Columbia Heights Public Schools
CHPS Update | June 23, 2022
Children Ages 6 Months and Older Are Now Eligible to Get Vaccinated!
- Children age 6 months to 5 years should get either the Pfizer vaccine or Moderna vaccine for this age group.
- The vaccines for this age group are a smaller dose than the vaccines for older children and adults.
- The vaccines for these children are packaged differently, so you will need to go to a location that has the vaccine that is right for your child based on their age.
- Your child will need multiple doses of this vaccine — this is called the primary vaccine series.
- The Pfizer vaccine for this age group is three doses. You can get the second dose 3-8 weeks after the first dose and your third dose 8 weeks after the second dose. Your provider can help you schedule your second and third shot while getting your first.
- The Moderna vaccine for this age group is two doses. You can get the second dose 4-8 weeks after the first dose. Your provider can help you schedule your second shot while getting your first.
- Talk to your provider if you have questions about either type of vaccine or which vaccine is right for your child
Masking rules for children ages 3 and 4 will change July 5, 2022
With this vaccination opportunity for all ages of children from 6 months and up, CHPS will change the masking rules so that beginning July 5, 2022 masks for all children will be recommended but not required. This means that children ages 3 and 4 will no longer be required to wear masks when inside. This plan may change as we continue to navigate the surges of COVID.
Openings in Summer Programs
Follow this link to sign up for any of the following and see when they will take place!
- Volleyball Sampler
- Football Sampler
- Softball Sampler
- Swim & Dive Camp
- Strength Training Camp
- Girls Basketball Camp
- CA Football Camp
- Boys Basketball Camp
- Football Camp and Passing League
- Dance Camp
- Volleyball Camp
- Soccer Camp
- Lacrosse Camp
Resurfacing to Begin in July in CHHS/DO/FC Driveway & Parking Lots
Heights Online Program (HOP)
Summer Meal Information
Summer meals will be provided with specific summer programming at Columbia Heights High School, Columbia Academy and North Park. The menus will be posted on the district website on June 10th by location. The specific meal times will be posted at each school.
Looking for a meal site?
Use these resources to find an SFSP site near you:
- Download the Free Meals for Kids app provided by Hunger Impact Partners to your phone or device.
- Call the 211 Hotline. From a cell phone – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211, Greater Minnesota: 1-800-543-7709, TTY: 651-291-8440.
- Call the Minnesota Food HelpLine at 1-888-711-1151, available from Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Central Time.
- Text USDA to texting service. Text Summer Meals to 914-342-7744. Spanish speakers, text Verano to 914-342-7744.
Look for CHPS Activities in the Columbia Heights Jamboree Parade tomorrow evening!
Summer Activities Opportunities- It’s not too late to register!! Check out our website, https://www.colheights.k12.mn.us/Page/4773 for all that CHPS Activities has to offer this summer, including:
- Summer Sampler- FREE programing for incoming 4th-6th graders, sign-up for volleyball, football, and/or softball
- Youth Camps- for incoming 6th-12th graders
- FREE Strength Training for incoming 7th-12th graders
Sports Physical for all Athletics
Every athlete participating in school-year sports must have a physical on file with the Activities Office. Student Athletes cannot register for the upcoming season without a sports physical on file. Sports physicals are valid for three years. 22-23 Sports Physical Form
Twin Cities Orthopedics is hosting FREE High School Sports Physical Clinics- More info here, https://tcomn.com/SportsPhysicals/
Practice starts August 15th for:
- 7th-12th grade: Girls Swim & Dive, Girls Tennis
- 9th-12th grade: Soccer (Boys and Girls), Girls Volleyball
- 6th-8th grade: Football
Practice starts September 12th for:
- 7th-12th grade: Adapted Soccer
- 6th-8th grade: Soccer (Boys and Girls), Girls Volleyball
More information can be found at the CHPS Activities Website or contact the Activities Office at 763-528-4511
Columbia Heights Boosters’ ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
Tuesday July 19, 2022 @ 12:00 PM
Majestic Oaks Golf Club
701 Bunker Lake Blvd. NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
- 18 Hole Scramble Format - Shotgun start
- Dinner provided immediately following the tournament
- Cost: $100.00 per person - Includes golf, cart, range, balls, refreshments, awards & dinner
- Grill Lunch, mulligans and fun games on the course available for purchase
Register online at https://www.chathleticboosters.com
Apply to Work at CHPS!
You can make a difference in the lives of students in our community by coming to work at CHPS! We are urgently seeking great applicants for a variety of full- and part-time positions including cooks, teachers, Mini Adventures and Adventure Club staff, education assistants, and more! Your next career move could be as a valued employee of the CHPS!
Did You Know?
You can translate this newsletter, change the text size or view in high-contrast mode! Look for the Accessibility icon and click to view all your options!
¿Sabías? ¡Puedes traducir este boletín, cambiar el tamaño del texto o verlo en modo de alto contraste! Busque el icono de Accesibilidad y haga clic para ver todas sus opciones.