This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of February 20, 2023
This Week's Schedule
Monday, February 20th
- No school
Tuesday, February 21st
- JV Winter Guard 4:45-6:45 pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5:30-8:30 pm
- Mid-Winter Concert, 7 pm, DHS Auditorium
Wednesday, February 22nd
- Wind Ensemble French Horns, 8-8:50 am
- Wind Ensemble Low Brass, 4:45-5:45 pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5-8 pm
- Davenport Band Booster Meeting, 6:30 pm, Auditorium
Thursday, February 23rd
- JV Winter Guard 7:30-8:55 am
- Wind Ensemble Trumpets, 8-8:50 am
- Wind Ensemble Woodwinds, 4:45-5:45 pm
Friday, February 24th
- Makeup Wind Ensemble/Symphonic Band Sectional, 8-8:50 am
Percussion Sectional Schedule
- 6 pm - Students start changing into concert tuxes and dresses @ DHS
- 6:45 - Symphonic Band on stage, Jazz Band and Wind Ensemble in auditorium seating dressed with instrument and music
- 7 pm - Concert begins
- 8:15 pm - Approximate parent pickup
Students need to provide the following items for their uniform.
- Black dress shoes (closed toe, can be marching shoes)
- Black crew length sock or hosiery
- White undershirt for boys
All students are required to stay until the end of the concert. We are asking students to help move equipment back to the band hall. Students will be ready to be picked up at about 8:15 pm after all equipment is back and concert uniforms are turned back in to quartermasters.
TCGC Winter Guard Contest Volunteers Needed
Our Winter Guard’s amazing work ethic and spirit have been amazing all of us (and the judges!) so far this season. We now have the opportunity to witness all of it firsthand and show the community—as we have been all year—how amazing the Wolf Band Family is.
On March 4th the Winter Guard comes home as we host our own annual competition. We are so proud to show off how awesome it is to be part of this organization and school, but we need your help. Starting at 9:45 on that Saturday, we will have several shifts of all kinds of jobs that need to be filled. PLEASE come on out and help our Winter Guard (and to raise some money) on their march to State!
There is also set-up on Friday night and tear down after the event on Saturday. If you are able to come out I promise a good time. Meals will be provided to all volunteers.
Sign up here or at the link below.
Color Guard Letter Jacket Opportunity
Pre-UIL Concert Rescheduled
The Middle School Region Band and High School Jazz Band Clinic and Concert has been rescheduled to March 28th.
Florida Trip Update
We are having a mandatory trip meting for all students attending the trip on Monday, March 6th at 7 pm. The student and one parent are required to be at the meeting to get information.
Here are the bus and hotel room assignments.
Also, here is which park we will be starting and ending our day while on the trip. Students will be able to park hop starting at 2 pm when we are at Disney parks.
Sunday, March 12 - Magic Kingdom (11 am entry)
Monday, March 13 - Hollywood Studios
Tuesday, March 14 - Universal
Wednesday, March 15 - Epcot (Workshop day)
Thursday, March 16 - Magic Kingdom
Here is an updated itinerary. We are now leaving at 3 pm on March 11th and will be returning on Friday, March 17th.
2023 Summer Band Dates
Here are dates for next year's Summer Band Camps.
2023 DHS Marching Band Summer Dates (required)
- May 30-June 1, June Camp
- June 3, Band Registration
- July 15-16, Drum Major Camp
- July 17-19, Student Leadership Team Camp
- July 24-28, Drum Camp
- July 24-28, Color Guard Camp (tentative)
- July 27th, Summer Band begins for all (Winds, Percussion, and Guard)
Saxophone Lesson Information
Fee payments (Use this link for everything except instrument usage fees.)
- February 28th, Percussion Solo Recital, Davenport HS, evening
- March 6th, Florida Trip Meeting, 7 pm
- March 7th, Jazz Night, Pieper HS, 7 pm
- March 11th-17th, Florida Trip
- March 23rd, Pre-UIL Concert, Davenport HS, AM
- March 28th, Region Jazz Clinic and Concert, Davenport HS
- May 26th, Graduation, Wolf Stadium
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands